Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for Attitude


Today kicks off the Blogging A-Z April Challenge, 2013!  Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  This blog is all about my journey to weight loss / good health & fitness. 

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.  Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.  
Random Ramblings - lives up to its name.  Totally random.

********************

Attitude

There is no lack of self-esteem in my family.  In fact, we often joked that if we put my dad and  my nephew James in a room together, there's be no room for anyone else because of their big heads or inflated egos.

Dad is gone from us now, but my daughter Angela has stepped right over me and into his place. I have always, for as long as I can remember, referred to myself as Lisa the Great.  In fact, my ham radio call sign is N8LTG (see the initials on the end?)  However, take that and multiply it by 1000 and you get Angela.  Last spring, we went to a dance competition.  We had to go Friday night to support the solo dancers from the studio, but Angel didn't dance herself til Saturday   As we sat in the auditorium, Angel leaned over to me and whispered that Saturday was going to be much better, since she would be on stage.  I whispered back to she needed to watch out, her Owens was showing.  We use that phrase a lot now.

I could go on for days about this child & her Awesomeness.

I feel that with the right attitude, you can do anything / face anyone.








and if I'd ever seen such a thing when Angela was a baby, this....


4 comments:

  1. lol - great post! Love the attitude, "I'm here, the party can begin" :)
    Dang, three blogs in the challenge!? You are awesome, but I don't need to tell you that :) - best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I like that quote, too!

      Good luck on the challenge!

      Delete
  2. Haha I love that MePhobia graphic.

    KC @ The Occasional Adventures of a Hermit & Oh Frog It

    P.S. You're my A to Z Hero. Next year I might be brave enough to try 3 blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that onesie! I wish I had something like for my kids but I do know some friends who are in the market for a baby - not that they are buying one...I just like saying it like that.

    Wow. This comment really got away from quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!