Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for Animal Instinct

Today kicks off the Blogging A-Z April Challenge, 2013!  Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  And because I have a wide variety of interests, this blog will live up to it's name.  Totally random and mostly unrelated topics. And lots of pics!

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.  Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.
The Life of Lisa - weight loss / health related. 

*********************
I have been a fan of Def Leppard for more years than I care to admit.  OK, high school.  Probably Junior year, 1989-1990.  Now that I have aged myself.....I bought this book once I had my first job and sent away  for it using the address torn from a magazine.
I just recently re-read this and I enjoyed it as much now as I did back when I first bought it!


This covers the history of the band from the early days 1975 up until after Hysteria was released in 1987, including the car crash that took drummer Rick Allen's arm in 1984.  it's full of cool old photos, news clippings and stories told by the band.  

Please forgive the obvious "I-took-pics-of-a-book" quality, but these are the chapters. 













and everyone needs to have a photo shoot in the men's restroom!

And now we have the gratuitous videos - both of which begin with "A", of course.

Animal

Armageddon It

And for more Def Leppard yumminess -
HERE is my post from last summer about going to their concert. 

7 comments:

  1. Good morning! Just making the A-Z challenge rounds. :)

    Wow . . . I had that book at some point myself, and actually did a rather embarrassing presentation on it for music class. Completely forgot about it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recall writing several English papers based on their music, so I can imagine a presentation on this book would be hilarious!

      Delete
  2. Happy "A" Day! A photo shoot in the men's room...I shudder to think of what they will do next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy "A" day!!

      I need to check into their later book(s?) to see if they have anything as awful. I don't think you could get much worse than this!

      Delete
  3. Aged yourself??! That makes you the same age as my daughter...

    Photo shoot in the men's room...sexy... :P

    Laura Eno – A Shift in Dimensions

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay I so like you right now, Def Leppard were amazing. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!