Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Journal


Welcome to day 10 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge, 2013!  Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  This blog is all about my journey to weight loss / good health & fitness. 

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.
Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.  
Random Ramblings - lives up to its name.  Totally random.

********************

I don't use a paper journal anymore - I found that I would write down what I ate, but I would not take the time to figure out the WW PointsPlus values to go with them.  That was sort of pointless (LOL - I made a funny!)
So I use eTools instead.  It really helps to keep me on track, especially since part of the 13 in 13 challenge is to post my progress reports each week.  It's totally kept me motivated to track all the time.

 This is last week's since I haven't posted it yet. It included Easter weekend. I cheated and did not track then.  I was still happy that I was only up .4 lbs, since TOM was lurking.

Anyway, eTools has an app so I can use it on my iPhone. And I have reminders set to pop up at certain times to remind me to track.  There also is an app for scanning barcodes and most of the time it will tell me the Points+ value for whatever that item is.  So I have no excuse for not tracking!

At the last meeting, I picked up one of their Activelink monitors.  I'm in the 'assessment' phase for the first week so it can gauge how much activity I do on a daily basis, then it will build a personalized activity challenge for me.  It syncs up with eTools and will keep track of my acitivty for me.
I can't wait to see how this thing works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!