Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C is for Clouds

Welcome to Day 3 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge!

Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  And because I have a wide variety of interests, this blog will live up to it's name.  Totally random and mostly unrelated topics. And lots of pics!

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.  Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.
The Life of Lisa - weight loss / health related. 

*********************
Clouds are fascinating and beautiful things. As you can see from this illustration from the National Weather Service, there are many kinds, too.


I personally am a NWS certified Skywarn Weather Spotter.  So far I've not had the opportunity to actually report any severe weather, but I did let my neighbors know that some was coming so they could take their BBQ indoors.

Do a Google Search on cloud formations and you'll see countless beautiful images!



4 comments:

  1. I was going to do clouds, too! But, for a completely different reason. Thanks for stopping by one of my blogs during the A to Z challenge! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Visiting from the A-Z!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this reminds me of sitting in secondary school when I was a teen and learning about clouds and weather during geography...given that I'm 48 now that was quite a jolt. good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom and Dad are Skywarn Spotters, too! I missed the class, I hope to take it at some later point. I think it was cirrus clouds that my one neighbor always used to call "Mare's Tails". And yes, clouds can be a wonderful thing to watch!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!