Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Dance


Welcome to day 4 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge, 2013!  Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  This blog is all about my journey to weight loss / good health & fitness. 

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.  Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.  
Random Ramblings - lives up to its name.  Totally random.

********************

Dance can be a wonderful & fun form of exercise.
And you don't even need to be able to do this.....

This is my daughter being stretched before a comp last year.
Look at the smile.  She's not fazed in the slightest!
This would have maimed me permanently! I just would have broke in half.

Anyhoooo, back to reality!
Back in the day when I was a young puppy in the US Navy, I spent many an evening at the base club on the dancefloor.   Then more recently, my cousin & his wife renewed their vows on their 30th anniversary and had a full wedding and(dry) reception.  I sat down for a total of 4 songs that night, the DJ was awesome.  When your whole body hurts the next day, you know you danced hard.

So get out there & dance!!  Work up a sweat!



3 comments:

  1. My body does not now nor did it ever bend into that stretch position. It makes me hurt just to look at the photo. However, I did love to dance when I was young. The only big dance regret I have is never learning to do the Argentine Tango. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to teach a lot of fitness classes in my younger days and I could stretch my leg that far but it would tear me into pieces now. Serious surgery required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remeber Kirsty Alley promoting to put on a good piece of music and dance like no one is watching as it gets you moving and is great exercise for you

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!