Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Z is for Zetterberg

Welcome to Day 26 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge!
Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  And because I have a wide variety of interests, this blog will live up to it's name.  Totally random and mostly unrelated topics. And lots of pics!

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.
Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.
The Life of Lisa - weight loss / health related. 

*********************
Being a Red Wings fan, how can I not use Captain Henrik Zetterberg for my Z post??

(and do you think they updated his website to have this season's pics on it?
No.  So his sweater still has an A on it. Boo)

Yum.

Henrik Zetterbrg comes from a small town on the east coast of Sweden and grew up playing hockey.  He was drafted by the Wings in 1999 and considered a long shot.

He's won a zillion awards, including 2003 the NHL's Rookie of the Year,
2006 Gold Medal for Sweden at the Winter Olympics and the International Ice Hockey Federation World Championships.

He was selected to the NHL All-Star team in 2007 & 2008

in 2008
President's Trophy (team with the best record in the NHL)
Conn Smythe Award (MVP in the Playoffs)
NHL Player of the Year
and of course....
Stanley!


And then, following the retirement (~sniff~) of Nick Lidstrom last year, he was named the 36th captain in franchise history.
And therefore led the team to their 22nd consecutive trip to the playoffs!

Woohooo!!





1 comment:

  1. I am a Penguin fan. I don't know how I keep missing your posts in my reader.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!