Monday, April 22, 2013

S if for Spaghetti Squash


Welcome to day 19 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge, 2013!  Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  This blog is all about my journey to weight loss / good health & fitness. 

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.  Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.  
Random Ramblings - lives up to its name.  Totally random.

********************

Spaghetti Squash is some versatile stuff!   Officially it is a variety of winter squash.  It's meat (is that what its called in squash?) can range from very pale yellow to orange. It can be baked, boiled, steamed or nuked and once cooked, it separates into strings that are a good pasta substitute.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, onto the good stuff.
Recipes!!

I can't vouch for any of these, since I have my very first spaghetti squash sitting out on my kitchen counter right now.  But these all sounds so gooooooood!

Spaghetti Squash Boats

Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Herbs

2 comments:

  1. My doctor recently advised me to go low to no carb for a while and I read some info about using spaghetti squash in place of pasta. I'll be back to grab these recipes for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! For me that would be tough, I love my breads & such.
      I keep looking at the roasted shrimp recipe & thinking it looks reallllllly good!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!