Saturday, April 6, 2013

F is for Flowers

Welcome to Day 6 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge!

Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  And because I have a wide variety of interests, this blog will live up to it's name.  Totally random and mostly unrelated topics. And lots of pics!

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.
Check them out!
Maple Grove Cemetery - Halloween related, but don't worry - no gore.
The Life of Lisa - weight loss / health related. 

*********************

Flowers - I'm going to spotlight the flowers that I have growing in my yard.  The trees were here when we moved in, but the rest I planted because I like them!  

 crocuses (croci?)
We have purple, white & yellow all planted thru the front lawn. 

 Crabapple Blossoms

Lilac
The lilac bush has grown up into the crabapple tree. 
They will bloom at the same time, so our patio will smell amazing!!

 Cherry Blossoms

 Irises

Tulips


 Hyacinth

 Tiger lily


Easter lily

Mini rose

 Balloon Flower

 Coneflower "Sundown"

 Purple Coneflower

Mums


I confess I got the coneflower, balloon flower & Easter lily images off a Google search, 
but the rest are all mine !

What are your favorite flowers?

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers; I'd love to have them on my blog where I'm concentrating on our garden this year. http://bobscotney.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers!

    Elizabeth at <a href='http://www.gwendolynrose.wordpress.com/">Gwendolyn Rose - Living with a Corgi Princess </a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lilies! My lilac bush is not looking too good. Part of it's alive, but than it has dead spots. I should chop it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty tough - we had a huge lilac up north that my sister drove a car over when she was learning to drive. It looked bad for maybe one year afterward, then bounced right back. Just cut out your dead spots and maybe the rest will fill in?

      Delete
  4. Pretty flowers, I haven't even thought about what I want to put out this year I guess I better get on the a ball with it.

    A MOM'S POINT OF VIEW
    http://www.AMomsPointOfView.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of mine are perennials, so they come back each year. I only plant a couple baskets & planters with annuals. I tend to forget to water them, so they don't stay happy. :(

      Delete
  5. I love flowers! You must have a beautiful yard with all of those. My favourites are lilacs, orchids, and cherry blossoms, but I'm sure if I knew more, I would have more. :)

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take a walk thru any local nursery and they could point out some good plants for you. I've asked several times and they were happy to show me what would survive.

      Delete
  6. Stopping by from the #atozchallenge !
    @JLenniDorner

    Liatris have always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look up liatris - that are really funky! I wish I had room for some more, I'd have to plant those! I like that they draw hummingbirds.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have only ever had one plant live under my care. They just don't seem to like me.

    Dropping by from A to Z. It's my first year participating.

    Brett Minor
    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I chose easy ones to grow and they don't require much care once they're established.

      Good luck on the challenge!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!