Saturday, April 23, 2016

#AtoZChallenge - Towels & Terrarium


Kmart always has a great selection of towels at Halloween!  It's really hard to make a single choice, and I usually don't - LOL!
These are beautifully colored, very soft, thick & absorbent.  
So.
 These I've gotten from various craft shows that I go to each year with Mom and my sisters.

 Ooops, some basic fall ones snuck in there!




 The lighting is not doing these justice!  They're very bright orange.



I love the dancing skeletons!

For the next portion, I was inspired by a post on the HalloweenForum.
This is my Ceme-terrarium!
 I got the glass terrarium from the Salvation Army and it still had the layer of potting soil and sand art from when it had plants in it.

I cleaned it out and stacked some old Styrofoam pieces in the bottom and covered it with natural aquarium stones, then a layer of black stones.

The rest of this is fun.  I'm sure you can find this stuff a lot of places, but I got everything (except the fake plant) from the local garden nursery in the "Fairy Garden" section.

There's a shovel & lantern in the left corner, a light post and a gnome in the right corner.  There's 3 headstones, a skeleton, some colorful leaves, a fence around the back and a cat that I repainted to look like my Skeeter who crossed the Rainbow Bridge a couple years ago.  And of course the flag.

 You can also get seasonal items, like the JOLs and ghosts!

I don't have the obelisk stone in there because it doesn't stand straight on the stones, but I guess in a real cemetery, they're not always 100% straight, either. The pillar (as well as headstones & light post) all have rods on the bottom so they stand better in a garden. 


 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

8 comments:

  1. Always love baking towels that are festive for the holiday.
    Joy @ The Joyous Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've found them for all holidays & season - they're great!

      Delete
  2. What a great variety of towels! And I absolutely love your Ceme-terrarium! My local garden centres don't seem to have caught onto the fairy garden trend yet, but I recently ordered a few Halloween items from an online store for my gnome garden. I had to make the tough choice of which to get since I couldn't get them all and they were only available on the site for a limited time. But I will be keeping my eye out in case they offer them again before Halloween! :D

    Tracy (Black Boots, Long Legs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nursery has a huge selection. I have to control myself to make sure not to buy too much stuff since the ceme-terrarium is pretty small.

      Delete
  3. How cool! I love Halloween. I'm not sure if we even have a Kmart near here. There's one 25 minutes away...heck, there could be one 10 minutes from here and I probably wouldn't have noticed it! I tend to order everything on Amazon these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon is way too convenient! I don't blame you for preferring it.

      Delete
  4. I'm clearly not crafty enough in my outlook. Thanks for much amusement and enlightenment!
    Jemima Pett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My mind is a busy place so I get ideas & inspiration at the weirdest times!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!