Tuesday, April 12, 2016

#AtoZChallenge - Jack O Lanterns


I could write a blurb about the history of jack-o-lanterns and how they originally were turnips, etc, etc.  But I'm not.  Just pictures! 
2015 - They got moldy really fast!
We get some nasty red / black mold on them, but it adds character. 

2015 - freshly carved

2014
Angel used a drill to make flowers.  It looked really cool at night.

2013
I loved that one leaning on its side!

2012

Not sure what happened to all my 2011 photos!

2010

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

7 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures! One of my favorite activities! Love creating with these things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one thing we always make sure to do as a family each year. We usually have some good laughs while doing it.

      Delete
  2. I've never actually carved one before (or even seen a real one close up), but I've always wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my we need to rectify this somehow!?! It's so much fun putting your hands in all that gooey pumpkin guts.

      Delete
    2. Oh my - yes! You need to do this! It's a very messy undertaking, but the possibilities are endless!

      Delete
  3. I agree, the one leaning on its side is perfect!

    Carving pumpkins is one of my favourite Halloween activities. Our children really love helping out. They even pull out the guts. They're too young to carve them yet, but they draw faces on them and then I try to follow their lines with the knife :D

    Tracy (Black Boots, Long Legs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look for funky pumpkins for myself. The leaning one was perfect!

      I did that with my daughter when she was younger (letting her draw the face) - but even at 18 she still scares me with a knife!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!