Monday, April 11, 2016

#AtoZChallenge - Ideas & Thoughts


Ooo, this will the probably the longest & most scattered post!  
It's what goes on IN MY HEAD!!

First of all, have you heard about the USPS issuing Halloween stamps this year?  
I want a sheet of them just to frame!
This first day of issue is going to be September 29 and will be unveiled in Anoka, MN.

And I just learned Anoka, MN is known as the Halloween Capital of the World?!?!?!
BUCKET LIST!!!!!  I never had a reason to want to go to Minnesota before, but I do now!

WTF - where is this guy???  
This pic is from 2013 and I don't remember seeing him since!
He's not small so it can't be that I overlooked him....

Last year I purchased a hearse from HomeGoods.
 It's a pretty decent size - I left my sunglasses next to it for scale.  But what good is a hearse without a horse to pull it?  
I found this cheesy Bratz horse at the Salvation Army.  I was able to get most of the white off the horse, and especially those creepy-ass eyes.  I'm going to base coat it black and use the ivory to paint a skeleton on it.  This is going to really test my artistic skillz because I don't want cartoon-y! 

I've been entertaining the idea of my first non-static prop for the cemetery, too.Shiatsu massager grave grabber - part three - completing the basic grave grabber:
I already have the Shiatsu massager and plenty of skulls and bones and the gray plumbing strap, I just need to play with it. 

Speaking of Bucket list.... There are a few places I want to visit and/or explore.  The list is highly likely to grow. 
I've toured the Edson but didn't know about the ghost tours!
Wolcott Mill Paranormal Investigation - doing this in October!!

Other thoughts regarding my Maple Grove Cemetery since going thru computer folders to get pictures for this challenge.  
I need to hang creepy cloth in the windows again - I liked that look. 
From 2013

I also have considered building a light frame to fit around the windows so I could "board" them up without actually driving nails into the siding.  I've been wanting to do that for a while, but the man of the house thought I was really going to nail them INTO the house!!  Sheesh.  Give me some credit for having sense, Buddy!

 I need get this book back out!
I love to cross-stitch and there were some cute / neat patterns in there.
However....
 This picture is from 2014 and I'm really not much farther than that!

I forgot to put the ground-breaker coffin out in 2015!  Ugh!  
I keep a notebook to plot things out and jot down ideas as they come to me.  It's already written in there for 2016 - bring this out!

Speaking of my notebook.....I got a new one!
I've had this red one for several years. It does the job just fine but it's boring.
It helped plan the girl's graduation party last summer & has held many a grocery list.

I saw this one in the Salvation Army.  It's kinda "romantic" like it says right on the cover, but I like the hard cover & flap that snaps closed.  I added some green / purple / orange stickers and I'll transfer over the lists & jottings that I've made in the red one and it'll be ready to go!
It's Daisy-approved.

I'm sure that's enough randomness for now - hope you made it to the end of this post! photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

10 comments:

  1. Your ideas have made me dizzy at the effort that needs to be put in to achieve them all.I gave up on a bucket list many years ago and it's too late to start again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the exception of MHC, they are all day trips from me, so it really shouldn't be a problem to cross them off my list! The problem is actually DOING them! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Some things made me laugh. https://mhsusannematthews.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kinda "romantic" like it says right on the cover, - THAT'S FUNNY. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I could get something to recover the book, but it would only matter to me!

      Delete
  4. That moving skeleton will be great when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it. I had a static groundbreaker a while back and it was pretty neat. This should be better.

      Delete
  5. This is absolutely wonderful! I love the stream of consciousness ideas in this post. It's just fun to read, and I bet it's kind of liberating to get those thoughts out. (I really appreciate the horse and hearse!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can ramble like there's no tomorrow! Sometime my husband just looks at me like I'm nuts, but he's learned to follow along - I hope anyway!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!