Friday, April 27, 2018

Explore Detroit - X #atozchallenge


Come along with me and explore the beauty & general awesomeness of Detroit, A to Z !

X was an easy post, thanks to these 2 places in Mexicantown!
This was an awesome little store!  All sorts of Mexican Folk Art, Day of the Dead items, pottery, clothing and a whole wall of beautifully ornate crosses.  I didn't feel right taking pictures inside,  so you can check out of their website to see some of the cool items they carry.  It was definitely a colorful feast for the eyes!
And me, being me, couldn't pass up buying a skeleton!

The going next door - was Xochimilco!
We were a bit cautious about going here, since I'd read mixed reviews about the place, ranging from "this is the best place ever" to "call the health department".  So we went in with an open mind (and open eyes!)  It was on the dark side, and crowded, but we got seated right away.  The waitress was excellent - she was patient with Miss Picky (aka my daughter) and helped her settle on something she would actually eat.   I already knew I'd get a combination plate so I could try more food!  I got the chicken taco, beef enchilada and beans & rice.  The enchilada was OK, but the next time I go, I'm getting the chicken combination plate, since that taco was amazing!

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

1 comment:

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!