Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Holy Crap!!

This is a Learn From My Fail post.

Last night, the hubster announced he'd been craving a Whopper with cheese from Burger King for days.  So we went there after picking the girl up from dance class.  I ordered the Tendergrill garden salad (grilled chicken !! on a salad !!)  And I got it with honey mustard dressing.  So good, so far, right?  RIGHT??

Wrong.

After we ate, we went to buy Randy a pair of shoes, since he will wear them until they fall off his feet.  His current pair is seriously worn out & holey.  By the time we messed around in Payless (about 45 minutes because he couldn't make up his mind) I really had to use the bathroom.  Luckily the store was only about a mile from the house.  In that mile, it reached emergency proportions.  This happened twice more in the next 2 hours.

Today I was fine, or so I thought.  My new shoes (plain black flats with "Comfort Plus" padding) started out fine.  Then the heels started to rub & then my left pinky toe started to rub.  I covered them with bandaids & they were fine.  Then my feet / ankles started to swell. 

I looked up my salad on the BK website.  The salad ALONE had 930 grams of sodium !!!!  Where the hell was all that?????  And then the dressing???  Another 550 grams!!!!!  Sheesh.  No wonder my poor feet feel like stuft sausages! 

Needless to say, there will be a detour home to get different shoes before going grocery shopping after work. 

Lesson learned???  1. Just because it is a salad doesn't mean it's good for you.  2. This is why I avoid BK.

Pardon me, I need to go refill my water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!