Monday, September 5, 2011

FMM - Favorite things

How sad - vacation is almost over!  Randy goes back to work tomorrow & the girl heads off to school.  I get one last day to myself before returning to the grind on Wednesday.  Sigh.

So, because I'm a dork and didn't do this earlier in the week - today we get to go get the girl's hair cut & also searching for a school bag that makes her happy.  Because, you know, backpacks aren't cool for 9th graders! I really need to do something with her horribly outgrown roots.  I bleached strips of her hair in early spring so she could have turquoise streaks.  The turquoise got removed before the dance competition, but the bleached pieces are still very evident.  So I can either dye her entire head back to dirty blonde, or re-bleach the roots.  Ppppth.

Don't have much to report by way of eating.  We went to the Peach Festival Saturday & did a lot of walking & sweating because it was so freakin' hot & no shade.  Came home that night & ended up losing ~half~ power due to some storms that came thru.  So we sat around withe the breakers off until around 2:30 yesterday when it was fixed (happily 7+ hours earlier than expected!!)  We got to use our generator for the first time, so we didn't lose anything in the fridge. 

Anyway...besides being a holiday - it's MONDAY !!!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules.


FMM:  Favorite Things

1) What is your favorite food? Oh man.  I like meat.  So just about anything that was killed & then slathered with BBQ or teriyaki sauce will make me happy.

2) What is your favorite childhood memory?  This has got be going for walks with my Dad as a kid.  We spent summers & most weekends up north on our 120 acres.  No matter what tree trunk Dad crossed over the river on or hill he climbed, I was sure to be right behind him.  I usually wasn't as successful as him, crossing said river, but it never stopped me from trying.  So yeah, I fell in quite a few times.  Fell thru ice, too.

3) What is your favorite way to burn calories?  I love to walk.  Either thru the woods, the park, while watching a Leslie Sansone DVD, whatever. 

4) What is your favorite mode of technological communication? Um. I'm going to be different & say my radio.  I am a ham (amateur radio operator) and I have a radio in my car & a handheld that I use.  My hubby
also has a station set up in both the house & the garage.  I should post a pic of what is directly to my left.... 

 
 Randy's desk.  It's scary. Please don't have nightmares!
 
5) Who is your favorite actor/actress? I don't watch a whole lot of movies or TV.  But one of my favorite shows is on BBC America called Top Gear. So any of the hosts (Jeremy Clarkston, James May or Richard Hammond) could be called my favorite.  But if I had to choose a real movie star - it would be Johnny Depp.  I like that he doesn't depend on his good looks for his roles in moves, but will get into outlandish costumes. 

6) What is your favorite lip color? cherry Chapstick. I don't wear lipstick often. I also like the lip balms from Yankee Candle. 

7) Who is your favorite historical figure? Probably someone like Queen Elizabeth. I like to read novels set in that time frame.  I love the clothes & stuff.  And she was just an amazing woman!

8) Who is your favorite athlete? Nick Lidstrom - the captain of the Detroit Red Wings.  He's not arrogant and he has a lot of other pro hockey players look up to him.  And he's eye candy.  :)

9) What is your favorite TV network? BBC America / Discovery. not too many. 

10) What is your favorite site on the web? looking at my history....FaceBook, weather.gov/dtx (Detroit weather), my Blogger dashboard, gmail.com and the HalloweenForum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!