Sunday, April 7, 2019

What Up, Weekend? 4/7/19

Thorington Schoolhouse
Washington Township, MI
I drive by this place a lot and always want to stop - and I finally did!  
I could have ignore the No Trespassing signs and walked all around it, but there were a bunch of kids out playing across the street, so I just stayed on the road. 
I didn't think it would be so easy to find a name, I also found a whole post about it!

There was no particular reason for that picture, other than I thought it was a cool place and the sunset behind it was really pretty. 
Happy Sunday! It's still the weekend so I am linking up with the lovely ladies Lindsay, Beth & Charlotte at the Peaceful Posse. There's too much crap & negativity in the world, so these are all positive / happy / grateful posts in this linkup (which usually happens on Fridays)

This week was spring break, so I didn't have any dance class - which I was perfectly OK with since my knees were bothering me all week.  Hiphop and tap especially play hell on your joints!  I feel somewhat better now, so I'll be ready to get back at it tomorrow. 

Thursday we were supposed to have our monthly search & rescue team meeting and some equine first aid training but that's been pushed off til this week.  We were invited to go listen to a speaker from the Michigan State Police and learn more than we ever cared to about Human Trafficking.  This Detective Sargent is also the one in charge of issuing Amber Alerts for the state so she had some good stories for us.  It was an interesting night. 

Yesterday was a fantastic day - sunny & almost 70!  So I went out to Sister 1's house and helped her out with a few chores around her place and we went riding!  
Helmet Hair!
We didn't go too far since it was our first time we've been out this year and the horses are due a visit from the blacksmith soon. 
 
We rode into town and Sis held the horses while I went into the gas station to get Icees & Slim Jims for a snack.   I'm glad we didn't go far since I wasn't sure how my knees would hold out.  But I'd taken some Tylenol before we left so I was feeling pretty good! 

We took a nice drive thru "Hunt Country" which is Lapeer County - a lot beautiful huge horse farms out there and you always have to watch out for horses on & crossing the roads on the hunt.  We were on our way to pick up our horse trailer that sadly will need to be overhauled or sold.  The man who had it told us all that was wrong with it and what he did to make it temporarily usable.  Well crap.  We've only had it about a year.  Sis kept saying all last summer she should get it inspected and yes - it should have been done before she bought it!  Lesson learned.     
Today I was kind of fighting a headache and Spouse was at a ham radio swap meet, so I got up after he left and went to the hardware store to get some leaf picker-upper claw thingys and some any spray for the carpenter ants we get in our kitchen every spring.   Then I took a nap!

I was victimized while I was out.  Those drug dealers are pretty brazen, setting up booths right in front of respectable stores, accosting people trying to go about their business!  

I came home with a box each of Thin Mints & Samoas.
Damn cute little Daisy Girl Scouts anyway. 
I felt better after a nap & lunch so I got 1/3 of the yard raked and my Easter blowmolds put out in the front yard.   I sat out on the patio and listened to the birds sing.  Ahhh.

And now I'm hurrying to get this post written while Spouse is out grilling for the first time this season!  Why does food always taste better when it's cooked outside??

Have a great week!

I'm still going strong on the A to Z Challenge!  
I guess that's not saying a whole lot - I'm only on G!

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!