Thursday, April 25, 2019

#AtoZChallenge - Weather spotting

Hi, Welcome to my little corner of the Interwebz! I'm doing a pretty random theme this year - things that make me happy / are guilty pleasures / whatever makes me... ME!

I love storms.  I have my dad to thank for that.  We'd sit out on the front porch and watch the lightning and rain.  

So why not put it this fascination to use?  I am a National Weather Service qualified Skywarn Weather Spotter.  I can also use my amateur radio to call into the weather service with any reports I may observe. 

Besides watching storms (I'm totally jealous of those people who are able to catch lightning in a picture!)  the sky can be an amazing work of art!
A hawk in the tree - taken while horseback riding.  
Glad I got such a clear shot!
This is actually the moonrise over Lake Huron in Mackinaw. 
I have this set as the wallpaper on my phone. 
 I used to get a lot of cool sunrise photos from the parking lot at work, until they added onto that building on the left.  Grrr.
My back yard. 



 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Love it. Love it. My favorite was pic #6. The tree look like silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful shots there, Lisa. The sunsets are gorgeous and I love the moon shot you have on your phone. I try to take a picture of the full moon every month.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! Clouds are amazing things.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!