Friday, April 5, 2019

#AtoZChallenge - Elixirs


Hi, Welcome to my little corner of the Interwebz! I'm doing a pretty random theme this year - things that make me happy / are guilty pleasures / whatever makes me... ME!

I have to give credit to the Spouse for today's idea (even if a bit late posting, because meetings & work) - Elixirs!  Or in less fancy-speak, my adult beverages of choice.   This falls firmly under the guilty pleasure category. 
Back in the day, pre-Spawn, I may have drank excessively (I was a US Navy sailor so I had a reputation to uphold, ya know) but then I learned that those mornings after are more painful than childbirth.  So I don't imbibe anywhere near as much as I used to. 

But when I do.....
I discovered Zombie Killer at the local Thai restaurant where Spawn used to work.  I tried it because I was entertained by the name, but still enjoy it because it's really good!
It's hard cider with cherry & honey added.  
Hmmmmmmmm. 
Bonus points that it's produced and bottled locally in SE Michigan. 
My second elixir of choice is found at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant. 
It's called the Jamaican Cowboy (on the left) and I get it with a "sidekick" of Cuervo 1800.  Half of the test tube goes into the drink & half goes straight into my mouth!
 It's made with pineapple & orange juices, margarita mix, peach schnapps, coconut rum and gold tequila.  You can get your glass rimmed with sugar or salt.  Either way is tasty. 

Spouse & I also enjoy amaretto sours & even just plain beer!  You'll always find Labatt Blue in our house. 

What's your favorite beverage?

1 comment:

  1. The Jamaican Cowboy sounds amazing! I'll have to try it next time I'm out. Though, like you, I don't drink much now that I'm older and seemingly a sip of alcohol gives me a hangover from hell! I like trying local beers - we're lucky to have a budding local brew scene in my city.

    - Allison
    www.AllisonandHerCamera.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!