Monday, January 30, 2012

Friend Makin' Mondays - Makeup Favorites

Not a very exciting weekend - I thought to be very ambitious, since the hubby was out of town. I really wanted to clean out the closet while he wasn't around to stop me from getting rid of some of his clothes.  That didn't happen.  The girl & I watched the NHL All-Star Skills Competition on Saturday & the game itself yesterday.  I think this has become our new tradition!  I also got her to try a smoothie with spinach in it.  She wasn't impressed.  Pppth - more for me!

Now it’s time for FMM! This week’s topic is courtesy of Bella, One of the lovely ladies that makes FMM so great. You might know her already, but if you don’t, you should so stop by her blog, http://bellaonthebeach.wordpress.com/ today and get to know her.


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Makeup Favorites


  1. Do you wear makeup everyday? I don't wear a whole lot, but I put on the basics for work. 
  2. Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party? I will put on more if I'm going somewhere special. 
  3. Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? I mainly use CoverGirl stuff.  I don't really know why.
  4. Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind?  I use the CoverGirl wand type concealer. 
  5. What’s your favorite brand of foundation? Don't wear it. Since I started using Oil of Olay at night & morning, my skin tone has evened out nicely. 
  6. Do you use blush and/or bronzer?  I don't wear it.
  7. Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner?  The last time I had eyeshadow on - my daughter & niece were giving everyone "makeovers".  So it was scary.  My eyeliner of choice is CG Exact Eyelights in Radiant Sapphire. 
  8. What’s your favorite kind of mascara?  I just got mu first tube of LashExact Waterproof.  I'm still not sure about it.  I think I like the Maybelline in the pink & green tube better.
  9. Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? For some reason, color seems to bleed off my lips, so I just stick with ChapStick.  I also like the lip balm from Yankee Candle - it smells so good!
  10. Do you wear nail polish regularly? If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors.  I very seldom put it on my fingers - it just chips so quickly & I just don't think about touching it up.  In the summer, I do my toes in colors like bright blue or green.
  11. How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day?  I use regular facewash.  Clean & Clear I believe.  Then I use my Oil of Olay firming for nighttime.
  12. Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup?  Yes, since it also covers the occasional blemish that still appears.
  13. Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along?  Ummmm.  No. 
Funny story - when my daughter started wearing makeup I had to keep telling her to go easy on it.  She didn't need to look like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show or Dee Snyder from Twisted Sister or Tammy Faye Bakker or Alice Cooper.  (At one time or another she looked like each of them!!)  Then dance recital time would roll around and they'd tell her she didn't have enough on! 

Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! Don’t forget to say hi to Bella and a few other bloggers! And also be sure to come back and leave a link to your FMM post in the comments! Happy Monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!