Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fire Up for Fall - week 3

It was a busy weekend!  I got almost all of my Halloween display put up in the front yard...I just wish there was such a thing as a multi-arm extension cord.  Sort of like an octopus?  It would come in handy because I have 3 blowmolds across the front of the house, 1 out in the middle of the yard and the flood lights out by the road.  It would be nice to just have one cord instead of 5.  But I digress.

I think I did pretty good with my eating.  It's pretty late, so I can't even remember what I had, other than apple-cinnamon stuffed pork chops that the hubster & I had for dinner Saturday.  Tasty!  So I probably did OK.  And I had a glass of chocolate wine tonight, mixed with chocolate milk (or I would NOT be coherent right now!!)

Anyhooo.....




Here is my positive pic of the week.  One of the kids took this last weekend while we were at the apple orchard.  Laurie and I had just come off this giant pillow that you can jump on.  It was so much fun!!  I guess its positive because it reminds me that the first time I'd gone jumping on this thing, my knees hurt for 3 days afterward.  And I got out of breath so quickly that it was embarrassing.  However, this time.....I kicked my shoes off and ran - actually RACED - to the pillow and leaped onto it.  I ran and jumped and laughed for the entire 7 minutes that we were allowed.  It doesn't sound like much, but when you're out there, it feels like forever!!  I kept up with my 11 year old nephew, 14 year old daughter & 16 year old niece!

Top left is my sister, Laura.  Top right is me.  
Bottom left is my sister, Linda.  Bottom right is Mom.  


So your questions this week.

1. What have you done this week to help get to your goals?  I've been really busy, so it actually helped prevent me from snacking.  And keeping busy has kept me moving! 

2. What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous?  It has to be working on my Halloween stuff.  I got several projects done that I've been meaning to do.  I love to be creative and its just a huge stress reliever.

3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your goals? Ambitions?  Gosh. This is a tough one.  I've prayed for answers to questions like this. I'm sure there's got to be more in store for me than just being Randy's wife or Angela's mom.  In 5 years I could still be working in the same dead end job (its family owned so I can't go any higher than I am unless they adopt me!) or if Randy finally gets tired of the assholes at his work and quits - then we could be living in Arkansas (I'm OK with that!!)   My goals would be to finally have lost that last 50 lbs, I just hope it doesn't take 5 years to do that!!

4. Give us a tip or a fact. About anything, what is something great you've heard that everyone should know?  Before my Dad passed away, he really wanted to see Randy adopt Angela.  See, her nickname is Angel and our last name is Love.  I can't tell you how many times he cracked himself up, saying she could be a Vegas showgirl and not even need a stage name!  Yeah, thanks Dad!

5. Fun Question: What was your most recent dream that you can remember? Another tough one!  I don't dream very often.  But there have been times where I have dreams that happen years apart, but are of the same location.  I've dreamed about a stable where sister Laurie kept her first horse several times.  That place was demolished for soccer fields 25 years ago! 


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!