Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q

Q is for....Quinoa.

This is something else that I've heard a lot of talk about, but have never tried.  I haven't seen it at my usual grocery store, so obviously I need to look somewhere else.


Quinoa has been a staple in South America for a long time - it is easy to prepare, satisfying and nutritious.  Sounds good in my book!  And for those who may need it - it is also gluten-free.


Weight Watchers eTools says it has a nutty, almost grassy flavor and has a wonderful texture. It is used in place of pasta or potatoes at meals. I saw a suggestion that you could make the quinoa in apple juice, water & cinnamon then mix it with yogurt, fruit, nuts & raisins.  That actually sounds pretty interesting!



 source 1
source 2


Just an FYI - I acknowledge that I used the same post on 2 different blogs.  This is the first and only time that I have done this because Q is such a hard letter!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!