Monday, April 1, 2024

#AtoZChallenge - Art

 #AtoZChallenge 2024 badge A

Happy first day of April!  Also known as day 1 of the April Blogging A to Z Challenge

The intent is to post every day except Sundays and do it A to Z.  

My theme is pretty broad, it's things that inspire or entertain me. 

Today is Art.  

I searched the definition and Oxford Dictionary defines it as:

 "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power"

That being said, everyone has their own idea of what art is. This is mine. 

Driving into a storm with the sunset behind me. 
Funny that I was actually on my way home from the National Weather Service office in White Lake, MI when I took this! 
Michigan's Mackinac Bridge
I love that you can hear this picture!
The Spawn and her dance team winning a national championship trophy.
2015
Sun shining thru beer. 
Frost on the garage.
"40 (mph) in the fog"
Daisy in the Sun
My yard at Halloween 2022
I love the difference between the colors of the display and the gray of the sky. 
Moonrise over Lake Huron in Mackinaw City
another shot of the moonrise.  
It's also the lock screen of my phone. 
"Reflections of rain on the patio table by flashlight"
Everyone talks about how moving the Vietnam Wall is in Washington DC, but not far away is the Korean War Memorial.   This choked me up!  They have all these larger-than-lifesized figures and looking at their faces, you can feel the range of emotions that these soldiers had likely been feeling, fear and caution and maybe anger.  Simply incredible. 
"wearable art!"
I got this tattoo on my thigh in 2015 actually on the 20th anniversary of becoming a Shellback (my Navy initiation when I crossed the Equator for the first time)
The outer prongs of the trident have the hull #s from both ships I was stationed on, the center prong has my rate, PC2(AW), and the stock of the anchor has the years I was in. 
The guy who actually did the tattoo designed this for me. I love it!
Beagle print in the snow
Every year the Spawn was in dance, I got professional photos of her in each costume.  Her last year, she was working and wasn't able to make it to the studio for individual photos - so I took them for her.  It was fun since we were able to go different places.  This is one of my favorites. 
Paws!
That cat still loves everyone, even tho the paw on the left now belongs to a 4 1/2 year old!
Bushes in UV light
This was actually taken from the car sitting at the stop sign at the end of my street!
Oh the stories I bet this place could tell!
I took this at training with my search & rescue team.  
They look like some sort of rockabilly music group. 
Sis1 and I like to explore cemeteries and sometimes we check them out late at night!
Frost on a rose.
Dragonfly
Sunrise at work. 

Look around - I bet you could find something to inspire you, too!

6 comments:

  1. Some fantastic photos here. My personal favourites are the one with the sunset in the car mirror and the one with the girl doing gymnastics over the railway line
    Debbie
    #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would call this art. Nice pictures! Glad you've joined us for another year of A to Z.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great photos. The first one with the sunset in the rearview mirror is awesome. I also really like Daisy in the sun, moonrise and the beagle print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics. I take lots of photos but don't consider them Art like yours. I will try harder.
    BTW I vote for the cemetery.

    Jill blogging at https://ballau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do amazing work with the play of light and color. - https://www.erinpenn.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!