Tuesday, April 16, 2024

#AtoZChallenge - I am a Non-Writer (clearly - lol!)

 #AtoZChallenge 2024 letter N 

Welcome to day 14 of the April A to Z Blogging Challenge!

My theme this year is things that inspire or entertain me.  However, I'm a couple days behind in posting so there's been a definite lack of inspiration!  I'm trying to come up with interesting topics and not just grabbing some random word just to post.    

I have bits of stories bouncing around on my head, but I am not a writer.  

I probably could be but getting the stuff in my head onto paper (or in this case, a screen) is tough. 

Gratuitous photo of coworkers watching the eclipse.

I started blogging prior to 2009.  I was on Yahoo360 in the beginning and when it shut down, I didn't export my posts like they recommended.  I'm almost 99.998% certain that there were no quality posts anyway so I'm not sad.  Anyhoo. 

 I started blogging to give me an outlet to vent about the Spouse & the Spawn not getting along and various other woe-is-me stuff.  See - not quality!  Nobody wants to read about that.  I now make a point to try to keep my posts positive.  Either way, I started putting thoughts down since I have a magical talent of the middle of my sentences interrupting the beginning of other people's!  When I blog, people can't talk over me or change topics all willy-nilly.   

I used to have 3 blogs.  This one used to be called "Random Ramblings", then I had "...Slow & Steady" which had been "the Life of Lisa" prior.  It was geared toward my weight loss journey (don't ask how THAT is going!!)  I ended up combining them since I did a lot of double posting anyway.   August 2011 is when I started my Halloween-esque blog called "Maple Grove Cemetery".  I post there sporadically year-round, and it obviously picks up in the fall.    

I was pretty ambitious when I first found the A to Z Challenge, since I jumped right in with all 3 blogs which meant 3 different topics!  I did that in 2012 & 2013.  Then I stopped with MGC since I also did the Countdown to Halloween bloghop that used to happen in October.  Then I had the 2 blogs in the challenge for 2014 & 2015.  September 2016 is when I combined the 2 blogs so other than the 2 years I skipped the challenge, it's been just one entry every year.  

Rusty napping in the sunshine on my pillow.

Links to all of my A to Z posts in the tab above.  My favorite A to Z theme was in 2015 when I wrote about my time in the US Navy and told some sea stories.  It was the easiest topic to write, ever! 

1 comment:

  1. I have been constantly behind this year. WAY Way behind on my journey through the master list which is where I am now... whatever number you are :)

    I can't imagine trying to keep up with 3 blogs I have fallen behind at least once probably every year I have done this. I wrote for Yahoo as well. i did download mine what I could anyway some of it I didn't own anymore. Fond memories though, still people from there I talk to.

    Enjoy the challenege. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!