Friday, April 5, 2024

#AtoZChallenge - Easter

 #AtoZChallenge 2024 letter E

Welcome to Day 5 of the April A to Z Challenge

My theme this year is (again) things that inspire and/or entertain me.

Since this just happened - let's talk about Easter!

We aren't overly religious people, so it's been a while since we've been to church on Easter.  We do spend quality time with family, tho. 

On Saturday we all gather at Sis1's house and we visit & have dinner.  Then after clean up, we color eggs.  Then we might sit around and visit or play games, depending on who all spends the night.  The last few years, it's just been the peeps from my house (myself, the Spouse, the Spawn & the grands) staying.  After the kids go to bed, the Bunny arrives & leaves baskets on the kitchen table.  In the morning, we check out baskets, then have breakfast, then usually the Spouse will go out & hide eggs. 

With the grandkids being 2 & 4 years old this year, they were a lot of fun!

They even had rakes left in the barn for them!
They helped hang eggs on the trees in the yard. 
Somehow I didn't get pics of us actually coloring eggs...
But they're usually silly!
And we make eggs for family members who aren't present.  
And all the critters.  
And the Spouse makes one for the Michigan QSO Party and one with both of our ham radio call signs on it.  
The bunny came to visit!

And even Chuck, my skeleton, got in on the action!

Another good E post would be an update from a post I wrote back in  December 2022.  Called "My Kingdom for A Horse."  Cliffnotes version - I am still waiting for the stars to align so Sis1 can rehome one of her horses, freeing up a stall in her barn so I can get one!  On the plus side, we have a shiny new horse trailer now!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!