Tuesday, April 9, 2024

#AtoZChallenge - Halloween!

 #AtoZChallenge 2024 letter H

Welcome to Day 8 of the April A to Z Challenge

My theme this year is (again) things that inspire and/or entertain me.

So, Halloween is my favorite holiday! 

Back in 2008, I decided to cut out some headstones from a sheet of plywood.  I didn't know it at the time, but it was the beginning of my Maple Grove Cemetery 

As you can tell, it's progressed quite a bit. 

2008

2023
You can see the original blowmold ghost on the left.  
The Spouse called him the Union Rep one time and it stuck. 

I love yo go back thru my pictures and see where I started and where I'm at now.  I have a notebook that I jot down thoughts & ideas year round.  I start getting things out & cleaned up in early to mid September and the cemetery fence, sign, and headstones start being set up the last weekend in September and it all comes down on November 1, like it never happened.  
It's part of the magic, I think. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a Halloween fan and my usual decor is a a couple pumpkins on the front porch. But these are cute and original, kinda sweet even. I like your kind of Halloweeen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Halloween is my all time favorite holiday and we always go all out. Decorating on Sept 30 (sometimes 20th) and horror movies every night!
    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side: 2024 A to Z of Dungeons & Dragons.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!