Wednesday, April 3, 2024

#AtoZChallenge - Critters

#AtoZChallenge 2024 letter C
Welcome to day 3 of the April A to Z Blogging Challenge!

I've done this topic for C before - but it's a good one!
CRITTERS

also known as our fur-babies, past & present.
Maddie is getting to be a lady of quite some maturity.  She chose the Spawn from the Humane Society back in July 2012.  She's the Queen of RBF.  We're not really sure how old she was when we got her. 
The Spouse is her hooman of choice.
Maddie. 

This is a rare photo of the girls together - they usually avoid each other. 
Daisy
AKA Peep
She was born in May 2015 in Sis1's barn.  We brought her home that September.
I am her hooman, since I sat on the couch and she snuggled with me for several hours until she felt comfortable enough to explore.  
She's a spaz!  If you walk into the room, she'll run away until you sit or lay down - and then she'll come climb all over you. 
Rusty was dropped off at Sis1's barn and we brought him home in April 2017.  
Orange cats are simply the best!  
He's taken to being an indoor cat nicely, but he knows if I have the harness & leash in my hand that he gets to go outside!
They're so cute!
Daisy & Rusty
A very rare shot of all 3 close together!
Judging you!
Actually, I was in the bathroom here and had left the door open. 
Another one of them all!
 

Bonus shot of the ones who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. 

Skeeter (top) I brought home as a kitten in September 2000 and he was 11 when her got a kidney stone. 
He'd been my shadow and always came when I sat down and announced that I had a lap. 

Chester adopted me from the Human Society in 2002.  They said he was 3 or 4, but we had him for 14 awesome years before he passed away in his sleep. 

Maggie was also dumped at Sis1's barn and her tiny little body popped out 5 or 6 huge litters of kittens before I took her in 2006, got her spayed and brought her home.  The Spouse was her hooman, but she loved everyone.  We lost her to a Grand Mal seizure 3 months after Skeeter.  

Jack was the best Beagle anyone could ask for.  He knew who was supposed to be around our house, so the neighbors were all fine when they were out in the yard. People walking by just got a quick glance.  But if anyone came up our driveway?  He'd bay at them.  That was the only time he really ever made noise, other than when we messed with his tennis ball.  Heart disease finally got him at almost 15 years old in February 2018. 

All 3 cats are buried out in our back yard, and Jack's ashes are in a box on a shelf in the living room. 



6 comments:

  1. Aw. They're all so cute. I have four cats--Cole, Clover, Milo, and Otis. All boys, all brothers by birth. Cole is a long-haired black cat. Clover is a grey tabby, and Milo and Otis are the orange tabby twins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed meeting your fur family, looks like they chose the right hoomans. Thanks for introducing them to me

    Jill - Blogging the AtoZ at https://ballau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a cat lady too. I just have a pile of dogs. But I do love a cat. You have some awsome lovebugs I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cats in clearly the right home for them. Cats and dogs for me - the cats adore the dogs.
    Janice, visiting from A to Z, https://jabblog-jabblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!