Friday, April 12, 2024

#AtoZChallenge - Kayaking

 #AtoZChallenge 2024 letter K

Welcome to day 11 of the April A to Z Blogging Challenge!

My theme for this year is stuff that entertains and/or inspires me. 

Today is kayaking!

This is something I definitely don't do enough of!

I don't have that many pictures since I'm always concerned with flipping over and losing my phone.

I wasn't too thrilled with this particular river because there weren't many places to stop and relax.  The shores were hidden by tall reeds.  

I grabbed this little guy off a lily pad to say hi before letting him go.  And then kept all appendages inside the kayak afterward when I saw a snapping turtle as big as a hubcap! 

Of course, Chuck the skeleton went along with us! 

So stylish!

There's an event currently on Facebook put on by the Friends of the Rouge River in SE Michigan - a Haunted Paddle trip!  I think it would be a lot of fun, but do I really want to kayak in mid October in Michigan??  We could easily be having snow! 


1 comment:

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!