Monday, November 7, 2011

Tremaine & Friend Makin' Monday

Happy Monday!

Boy - it was a long weekend !  Miss Angela had to go to the Tremaine Dance Convention for the weekend as a requirement to be on the studio dance team.  They go to classes for hip-hop, jazz, rhythm tap, ballet, contemporary dance and something called Turbo Jazz.  It's actually a fun weekend - the kids dance for hours & the parents who stayed could watch the classes and visit.  The only issue I have is that this is the second year that the hotel scheduled a hockey convention for the same weekend.  Does any one building in the world need that many hormones running around???  1,000 girls, ranging from 6 - 18 years old, most of whom are wearing very skimpy & tight clothing and another 1,000 boys in the same age range.  From all over lower Michigan, Ohio & Ontario.  But on the plus side....this year they instituted a curfew that no kid could be roaming the hotel after 11 pm without an adult.  YAY!   That sure cut down on the noise and the random knocking on the doors all night (of course it didn't help that most of the studios let the girls decorate their doors - making them obvious targets!)

Needless to say - the food choices weren't the best!  We ate before we left home Friday night, but unless we chose to be up at some insane hour, we had to take food for breakfast.  So I took low-fat PopTarts and packages of muffins - along with bananas and grapes.  I also took a couple bags of chips and some trail mix for evening munchies.  Oh, and the bottle of ChocVine (which went down WAY too easy!)  Lunch Saturday was at A&W and Sunday at the hotel buffet.  Dinner Saturday night & Sunday both was pizza. 

So yeah.  Not a good food weekend at all!   However, I did a lot of walking around the hotel.  We shared a room with another Mom & dancer and Laura has a bum knee, so I felt I needed to fetch for her.  She's a friend anyway, so it wasn't a big deal.  And I went swimming, too.  I did way too much sitting tho.

 Angel trying to pose like the sign.

 This was the tap teacher's shoes.  When she danced - they hypnotized you!!

 Angel & friend doing round-offs between classes.

 The hip-hop teacher that all the girls were in love with.


Now - on to business!! 
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/2011/11/friend-makin-mondays-dating/www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!



FMM: Dating

What is your current relationship status? (Be as specific as you’d like to be!)  happily married.  We dated for a year - lived together for 3 & have been married for 5.  He said he knew almost immediately that I was going to be the one he was going to spend the rest of his life with.  I wasn't as quick.

List a few qualities that you look for in a significant other I found this changed as I matured.  In high school, I thought I wanted to marry a 90 year old millionaire & never have kids.  Early 20s - someone who was sexy & fun & looked great in a tight pair of Wranglers (my daughter's dad resembled Tim McGraw - but notice I'm not with him anymore!!!).  After I divorced him - I found that personality and character were most important.  My husband now is a short, chubby, computer geek & I won't trade him for nothing because he treats me & the girl well.

If you could choose to date one character in TV or film, who would you choose?  And which characteristics are most appealing?   Ummm.  Gil Grissom (William Petersen) from CSI.  He was smart & sexy in his own odd way.  He'd be fascinating to talk to .

How long should you date before becoming exclusive?  I guess that would depend on the circumstances.

What are your thoughts on public displays of affection?  I'm all for holding hands and brief smooches. And I've been known to randomly grab Randy's butt as we're walking together.  But when it makes people around you uncomfortable - it's time to get a room!  I think the cutest thing in the world are 2 old people walking along holding hands!

Do you kiss on the first date?  I didn't.  The first several times it a hug before it went further.

Biggest turn-off?  Rudeness & arrogance.

What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?  Eyes.  Arms (I like strong arms!!) and I also have a weird infatuation with backsides.  I like a nice butt, too!

How long do you/did you wait before becoming intimate?  Gosh, I don't really remember.  I know I didn't jump right in the sack with him.    

Describe your dream date.  We do all sorts of stuff together at isn't exactly "normal".  One of our first dates was to go see Monster Jam (monster trucks).  I don't think it has to be a standard dinner & movie.  Just spending time together doing something that you mutually enjoy.  But I should be someplace where you can talk - not a concert or such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!