Monday, November 7, 2011

Fire Up for Fall - week 8

Happy Monday!

Boy - it was a long weekend !  Miss Angela had to go to the Tremaine Dance Convention for the weekend as a requirement to be on the studio dance team.  They go to classes for hip-hop, jazz, rhythm tap, ballet, contemporary dance and something called Turbo Jazz.  It's actually a fun weekend - the kids dance for hours & the parents who stayed could watch the classes and visit.  The only issue I have is that this is the second year that the hotel scheduled a hockey convention for the same weekend.  Does any one building in the world need that many hormones running around???  1,000 girls, ranging from 6 - 18 years old, most of whom are wearing very skimpy & tight clothing and another 1,000 boys in the same age range.  From all over lower Michigan, Ohio & Ontario.  I may have exaggerated, but there were easily 300-400 girls there.  And for the boys?  I know there were busloads of them showing up!

 But on the plus side....this year they instituted a curfew that no kid could be roaming the hotel after 11 pm without an adult.  YAY!   That sure cut down on the noise and the random knocking on the doors all night (of course it didn't help that most of the studios let the girls decorate their doors - making them obvious targets!)

Needless to say - the food choices weren't the best!  We ate before we left home Friday night, but unless we chose to be up at some insane hour, we had to take food for breakfast.  So I took low-fat PopTarts and packages of muffins - along with bananas and grapes.  I also took a couple bags of Doritos and some trail mix for evening munchies.  Oh, and the bottle of ChocVine (which went down WAY too easy!)  Lunch Saturday was at A&W and Sunday at the hotel buffet.  Dinner Saturday night & Sunday both was pizza. 

So yeah.  Not a good food weekend at all!   However, I did a lot of walking around the hotel.  We shared a room with another Mom & dancer and Laura has a bum knee, so I felt I needed to fetch for her.  She's a friend anyway, so it wasn't a big deal.  And I went swimming, too.  I did way too much sitting tho.

Angel trying to be the sign.

 The tap teacher's shoes.  When she danced - you couldn't help but be hypnotized.
I love that she posed so I could take a pic of her shoes!!

 Angel & friend doing round-offs.

 The hip-hop teacher that all the girls were in love with.

Now... on to business!

 
As usual, I will link back to Rebecca's page after I answer my questions.
 
What have you done this week to achieve your goals? 
Loss on the scale?  Epic Fail!!  I was up 1.2 lbs.  I blame Halloween & TOM.
Get out the Wii?  Another Fail!
Get out walking?  Somewhat.  I did all that walking around the hotel this weekend.  But actually getting outside?  No.
Cider & donuts?  Win!  Actually - I discovered something worse than cider this weekend.  A beverage called Apple Pie.  Consists of apple juice, apple cider, sugar, cinnamon & Everclear.  OMG.  Tastes just like apple pie filling!  I only had a couple glasses, since I had my chocolate wine, too.  It was one of those things that tasted so good that you don't realize just how much alcohol is in it.
New Recipe?  Heck no.  It was a busy week so meals were quick & easy.

What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous? Ummm, nothing really.  I did sit in a jacuzzi tub for a while.  But it loses its enjoyment when you have to share with kids that don't belong to you.

How important is a social life to you? Are you a loner or a butterfly or somewhere in between?  I'm somewhat in between.  I do like to go out once in a while - but am also OK with staying home.   Like Rebecca - my kid is a total social butterfly!!! 

How do you balance life outside your home with healthy living?   I need to work on this one.  Like if we need to stop while out & about - I'll get a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo and a diet Coke - which is great!  But then I'll eat an order of french fries. 

What do you like to do for fun?  I have a pretty broad range of what I think is fun.  Blogging is fun - so is going horseback riding.  Taking the dog for a walk or watching a Red Wings game.   Exploring creepy old cemeteries. Playing hidden object games on the computer.  Hanging out with friends.  People watching.  Riding on wave runners. 

Positive pic?  I'm just going to use the above pics as my positive images this week.  My daughter has been dancing for 9 years now and is really good - however it leaves me in awe to watch the more advanced dancers who make those insane jumps & turns look so effortless! 

Oh yeah - Laura with the bum knee that I mentioned above?  She's supposed to get a knee replacement probably next summer & we agreed that once she does....she's going to sign up for the adult jazz class at the studio and I'm going to sign up, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!