Friday, April 1, 2022

A is for Animals!

Hi and welcome to my contribution to the 2022 April A to Z Blogging Challenge!
This is the first of many random things that just pop into my head that I'll be writing about for this challenge. 

This also could have gone under "C" for "Critters".

So these are all of my Furkids. 
I recently introduced the 3 felines during my first Feline Friday post, but here they are again.
Daisy was born in my sister's barn in May 2015.  She came home with me in September the same year. We call her Peep, since when you say her name, she peeps back. 
She's got a crooked tail - I do believe one of the horses stepped on her as a kitten. 
Maddie chose us from the Humane Society in July 2012.  The Spouse is 100% her person. 
She's also known as "the Informer" and lets us know if something is not right in her world - like she can see the bottom of the food bowl or some tragedy like that.  
Rusty also came from my sister's barn in April 2017.  Someone dropped him off there in late 2016.   I respect that he used to be a barn cat, so he gets to go outside, but only on a leash.  And he's cool with that!  He loves people and all other animals. 

Moving on....
This is seriously the best view ever. 
This is me and Kisses.   You'll hear about her a lot.  She is my sister's horse, but I borrow her for search & rescue events.  It's kind of silly that I'm the mounted division team lead for the SAR team, but I'm the only one who doesn't actually own a horse! 
She's an 18 year old Arab / Saddlebred mare.

These are all our babies that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. 
Skeeter left us in November 2011.  He was my shadow for almost 12 years.  His mom showed up at my parents' house one day and had 4 kittens soon after.  Skeeter was one of those. 
Chester left us in April 2017.  He chose me from the Humane Society and we had 14 wonderful years with him before he went to sleep and didn't wake up.
Maggie left us in February 2012.  She also showed up in my sister's barn one day and for being such a tiny thing, she'd pop out litters of 7-8 kittens.  She was spayed when I brought her home and she adapted happily to being an inside cat. 
Jack left us in February 2019.  We had 15 good years with him.  Pretty sure he thought he was a cat, too.  He was a the best Beagle ever.  Very chill.  He only "AROOOOOO"d if someone was actually came up the driveway, or if you messed with his tennis ball. 

We always had cats & dogs when I was a kid, but these are the ones I've loved as an adult. 




Here's a fun addition - 
I'm all about 80s rock music, so I'll toss in the occasional video!
Def Leppard's Animal



3 comments:

  1. And the A to Z Challenge begins. Well done. Anything with kitties is always a good thing.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I enjoy watching animals, I don't like taking care of them. I used to take in stray dogs when I lived with my parents in Tennessee, but they were outside dogs that wanted nothing to do with being inside. I tried keeping one inside after she'd been injured. She went nuts and tore up the curtains trying to get out. I really liked that dog though.

    We never had pets when I was growing up except for a turtle that didn't live very long. Now the only animals I have on my property are the lizards in the yard. I like watching them even though they don't really do much--at least much that I can see.

    I don't remember that Def Leppard song at all and I used to have several of their albums.

    Have a wonderful A to Z April!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out Battle of the Bands


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Thank you for sharing your adorable photos.
    Happy A-to-Z challenge!

    On my Way Home

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!