Monday, April 11, 2022

I is for Inclement Weather

Hi and welcome to my contribution to the 2022 April A to Z Blogging Challenge!
This is the ninth of many random things that just pop into my head that I'll be writing about for this challenge.

Inclement weather.

In other words (using artistic license here) - I really like storms!  
Pretty sure I got that from my Dad - he always liked to sit out on the front porch when it stormed and since I was Daddy's Girl - I was always out with him. 

While photos never do justice to nature, I still have some awesome pics. 
Sunset over the park at the end of my street. 
When the Spawn & I went to Orlando in 2018 with her dance team for Nationals, we stopped by BlueJacket Park, which is all that's left of the base where I went to bootcamp.  
This is when I was reminded of the afternoon summer thunderstorms.
Some beautiful cells!
This is from 2016, I was actually driving - appropriately - to the National Weather Service office where the Spouse was playing radio at Field Day.

FYI - according to the Amateur Radio Relay League - Field Day is ham radio's open house. Every June, more than 40,000 hams throughout North America set up temporary transmitting stations in public places to demonstrate ham radio's science, skill and service to our communities and our nation. It combines public service, emergency preparedness, community outreach, and technical skills all in a single event. Field Day has been an annual event since 1933, and remains the most popular event in ham radio.
Art
Also at the NWS office - that's the Detroit/Pontiac doppler radar dome.

In fact - I have NWS Skywarn training tomorrow night - I like to hear the rundown of severe weather in SE Michigan for the previous year and then watch the videos on how tornados develop, etc. 

Yay!


1 comment:

  1. You have some great pictures of the skies and pending storms! I love a good lightening and thunderstorm (by good I mean one without significant damage and one that doesn't cause a fire from lightening strikes). My grandmother was afraid of storms so whenever my mom would hear thunder of an approaching storm, we would have to stop what we were doing to go to my grandmother's house to be with her during the storm. I "vowed" at a young age not to be afraid of storms and not to have my kids be afraid of them either. We all loved to watch the lightening and hear the thunderclaps; the louder the better :) Now the kids are grown and we have a corgi dog who doesn't like thunder......

    have fun with the rest of the challenge!

    betty
    https://benchsnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!