Friday, July 28, 2017

What Up, Weekend? 7/28/17

I can't believe I haven't written a real post since the 4th of July!  Sheesh.  There really hasn't been much going on.  I'm way behind on reading blogs, too.  Then I feel weird for wanting to comment on someone's post that's 2 weeks old (or more)!

Pretty sure I missed my Blogi-versary again, too.  
Yup.  
My first post on Blogger was 7/25/09.  I was on Yahoo360 before that, but I was a dumbass and didn't import that blog into Blogger.  Pretty sure I'm not missing anything special.  Those first couple years' worth of posts are horribly pitiful!
What's up, Wednesday?
I'm linking up with the lovely ladies of The Posse for a happy / gratitude / positive post.  I just love this idea!  

1. Last weekend was the hubby's 50th birthday party.  We had about 10 people come over for burgers & dogs, cake & ice cream.  The weather was insanely humid and we got a couple small rainshowers, but nothing that lasted a long time.  We had our retractable awning out and between that and the garage, we were good.  It was nice having people over. 
2.  When it was just my mom & sister left, Angel decided she wanted our input on the dance she was self-choreographing for comp team auditions this week.  I've always wanted to see a solo done to Lee Brice's 'I Drive Your Truck' so she was trying to figure out a 45 seconds to 1:30 minutes long dance. Of course my sister was showing off her moves and wanted Angel to use some of them!  
 
This is pretty much how we both looked, watching Laurie.

She had some cool elements but was having a hard time transitioning them together.  So she switched over to a cover of Journey's Faithfully and put together a really nice dance in a relatively short time.
    
Gratuitous cat picture. 
Its hard to sleep when there are 2 furry bodies between your ankles!
Daisy finally accepted Rusty into our family and will demand he groom her. 

3.  So I took Miss Angela into the doctor again - she found a lump on her breast, but thankfully it ended up being fibrocystic tissue.  Basically she's lumpy and that time of the month made one of the lumps tender.  She had an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't anything else. Whew!  I sat with her in the waiting room at the hospital where all the ladies waiting to have mammograms and such go.  She sat there and I can always tell when the gears are turning and she's about to make some observation.  But all she said was it was awkward sitting there in her jeans,  but wearing just a gown on top.  I told her I was the one who felt awkward, since I was the only one fully dressed!  
This fish stared at me the whole time we were in the waiting room.

4.  Dance season 2017/18 is officially beginning, kind of!  Auditions for the team are tonight.  I technically don't need to go, but I will so I can be moral support, and also catch up visiting with the other moms.  And maybe see the fresh meat, trying out for the first time.  Last year was funny, because the big girls were all in learning 'the combo", they came running out to grab their tap shoes they were all huffing & puffing & drenched in sweat.  The younger girls all stared with eyes the size of saucers! 

5.  It's official that Nationals will be in Orlando next June!!!  It's there instead of Daytona Beach like we first heard.   The only problem with that is regionals are in early February, which is really early.  Usually we don't start competitions until April.  But sightseeing will happen, oh yes!

Wow, that's about it for now.  
(I'm at work and they kind of expect me to work!)

******************
Let's all take a moment and remember all the sailors who were were on the USS Forrestal CVA59 50 years ago today (since it's the 29th in Vietnam)
Generations of sailors will never forget this event, since this video is shown to every group of kids going thru bootcamp as a training film. 
Rest In Peace. 
We have the watch. 
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

6 comments:

  1. Kitties! I love kitty pictures! Happy 50th to your hubby, sounds like it was a good day!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for allowing us to take a part in your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cake, and happy belated to your husband. I loved hearing about the dance stuff. I've been a dancer all of my life, and now teach. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I'm glad the lump didn't turn out to be anything serious. That can be scary I'm sure!

    Happy belated birthday your husband. That cake is fun.

    And aww, your cats are too cute.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Lisa, although it doesn't feel like it's been a few weeks like you say it's been. Maybe it's been awhile since a REAL post but you've still been posting. Happy belated blogiversary!! :)

    So glad to hear that the lump is nothing but fibrous tissue. What a relief!!

    How nice of you to have everyone over for some food, celebration and comraderie. Sounds like a lot of fun in the name of a good cause, your hubby's birthday.

    As always, adorable kitty cats. *swoon*

    Have a great week my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!