Sunday, February 23, 2014

Catching up

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted in almost 3 weeks!  Shame on me!

I was up 2.2 lbs this past weigh in and I have no idea why.  I had a pack of pop tarts at one point and we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse (rolls & peanuts!) but the entree I chose was decent - my usual 8 oz sirloin & grilled shrimp with veggies.

I've been good about getting to the gym 3 times a week.  I had no intention of getting up to go to Zumba Saturday after Valentine's Day (not that we did anything anyway), so I dropped in on the class at Miss Angela's dance studio Wednesday night.  I confess that I really like Kelli at the gym better, since her class is 100% cardio the whole hour you're in there - sweat pours!  Rosita at the studio does 2 really fast songs to begin, then slows down to do some salsa and never gets you back up to those first 2 songs.  Then does toning.  Which I guess is all good in its own way, but I like to keep moving!  I confess I had a hard time walking Friday morning after that class, since the muscles in the fronts of my thighs were tight!!

This week, the class at the gym was cancelled.  I was bummed, until I got the text from the studio that even tho the schedule only called for competition classes during winter break, they were still having Zumba.  So I went.  I hope they're not expecting to see me there every week!  This one was a bit tougher, since my knee has been acting up again.  It's weird.  The pain moves around.  Recently it's been mainly in the tendons up the back of it, making it hurt to walk when they stretch.

And I probably wouldn't be offended hearing Kelli cheering me on about getting buns of steel & "no cellulite by summer after doing this move"  since she's a tiny, fit little thing (she doesn't do stuff like that anyway).  But Rosita is not.  In fact, that woman needs to invest in a good sports bra.  She would lean forward to shimmy and it looked like her boobs were doing their own form of dance under her tank top. It was like a train wreck - I couldn't pull my eyes away! UGH!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!