Saturday, September 14, 2013

Settling in back to normal!

So things are getting back to normal this past week.  Well, as normal as it can be around here!  The first full week of school , dance classes started, open house (or meet-the-teachers / see the classrooms), etc. etc.

Sunday night was had a parent meeting at the studio, talking about fund raisers, conventions & of course - competitions.  The team is shooting for Nationals in Sandusky, OH this year, so that was covered.  Monday was the first day of the dance season for Miss Angela.  I wanted to watch a few minutes, her first day in level 4, and all.  I ended up staying for all 3 classes.
Yeah, OW!

Then, Wednesday morning, I got out of the shower to find Miss Angela standing in the living room, doubled over & holding her stomach.  She said she felt like she was being stabbed.  After a brief consultation with Randy and  a call to the school, I took her to the ER.  Angel can be extremely dramatic and "almost dies" several times a week, but she very seldom gets sick and recovers incredibly fast from aches, pains & sprains.  So I knew something was up.

At 7am, check in was very quick and she was taken immediately to a room and checked out.  They ruled out appendicitis fairly quickly since she wasn't feverish or nauseous. I think then, they had a good idea what the issue was and asked if she and I would consent to a pelvic exam.  I won't go into gory details there (the doc didn't really do one anyway) she was hooked up to an IV for fluids & eventually went for an ultrasound.  After much waiting, we found out she has a cyst on her ovary. From what I read, it 'just happens' with no particular cause during ovulation & usually goes away on its own.  Yay!

She really looks hurt!

She didn't get any meds or anything, but we found out if it happens again to give her anti-inflammatories and a heating pad.  We left the hospital shortly after 11, went to get food, and I was at work a little after noon. 

And damned if she didn't dance that night!  Almost 5 hours of classes and she said only one time during lyrical did she feel any pain.  I filled in Terina (studio owner) about her day & she filled in Angel's teachers.  That way, if she seemed off they would know why. 

While she was in class, I braved a downpour & 60 mph wind gusts to go to Open House at the school.  It's pretty interesting.  Basically it's a shortened / modified school day.  We spend 10 minutes in each class, listening to the teacher & 5 minutes between.  I was curious to meet some of her teachers - 1st hour Chemistry?  He is also the athletic director, which he looks the part of.  But she likes his class, so OK!  2nd hour, aerobics - another class she should do well in.  3rd hour, government - another teacher she really likes.  4th hour, med health - which is like a beginning nursing class.  I think she took this in lieu of an actual science class.  But it could also help her when she goes to vet tech school! 5th hour, algebra II.  6th hour, English.  And I can't believe that the students can sign up for this "Remind 101" thing, where the teachers can text them reminders about upcoming quizzes or assignments!!  How cool is that?

Did a little Friday the 13th shopping, too.  I went to Menard's for the first time.  It's about 45 minutes away so I can't see me going every weekend.  But I entertained many people by pushing my new friend around in the cart while I browsed.  He is currently safely buckled in the back seat of my car.

I will be going back closer to Christmas to get some blowmolds.  I really like (want) the Nutcrackers and the candles beyond them. 

I also stopped in Kmart & found these awesome hand towels.  They're very soft & the graphics are beautiful.  I got all of them except the 2nd one from the right.

So tomorrow we're supposed to go to the Renaissance Festival, so that will be fun.  I don't see us dressing up, since it's supposed to fairly cool.  Jeans will be fine for me! 

Speaking of chilly.... below 50* for the past 2 mornings & it was 63 in my house this morning.  I turned the furnace on for a while, but it's older than I am and needs to be cleaned, so I only left it on for a while. 

Anyhoooo, there is a certain floppy eared dog in this room who is letting out some nasty gaseous emissions, so I do believe it's time for a walk!  Angel was happy to run off to a sleepover at a friend's house!  Randy is happily away working on some radio stuff for the county. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!