Monday, October 29, 2012

Get Fit, Feel Epic - Round Up

Whew! Hope no one gets blown away by Sandy this week! Living in Michigan, we're not supposed to be affected muchly by her *yet* but our lovely neighbors to the north are sending cold and high winds our way. Our weather radio went off this morning at 5:30 and I was outside shortly after, taking skeletons & ghosts into the garage and laying tombstones down flat. The shorter stones and my beloved blowmolds I left out there, since the molds are all sitting on long wood dowels that I pounded into the ground, so I'm guessing (hoping) they'll be OK. If I see any problems when I get home from work, I'll take them into the garage, too.

We had a chilly & windy weekend, too. Saturday while the girl was at dance, I took the dog to Tillson Street, which is a whole street of old Victorian houses that go all out for Halloween. We also went with the family last night, but I like to see it during the day and check out the details. Jack was so funny. He didn't know what to think of this skeleton who suddenly sat up when we walked by. Nothing in my display moves, so this was new to him. At least he didn't do the Beagle howl at it!



Sunday, I'd somehow managed to get volunteered to play radio for a 5k walk/run. But I was actually useful this time! I was out on my post, the last one on the course, when Randy (who we all called in to) needed me to find a nearby policeman and have him call the paramedics for someone who'd just finished the run and was having an asthma attack. Luckily there was one doing traffic control right on my corner. It was funny, there were 2 ladies and a little girl from the group putting on the walk also on my corner and they cheered for everyone who passed. I clapped for almost everyone; the first couple runners, the younger kids, the ones who I was proud to see out there (ie, the larger people) and we all cheered for the very last group.


Special thanks to Rebecca for hosting this challenge - it's been a lot of fun!

Arighty - it's the final GFFE post! I'll post how I did this week on each of my goals, then how I did overall.  I missed a week of the challenge, so I won't count that week.

1. attend a WW meeting every week.  Check!  I was all depressed during the meeting (that only covered Halloween as an afterthought!) because I looked at my book and I swear it said I was up 1.8 lbs.  But later on when I went to enter it in eTools, I saw I was down 1.4!!  What happened!?!?!

Overall - 4 / 7  I have 2 - half credits in there, where I weighed in, but didn't stay for the meeting. 

2. do some sort of exercise 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes.  4/3  3 of these were with my buddy, Jack.

Overall - 17 / 21  not too bad!

3. Track every day.  5 / 7 woohooooo!

I've only been doing this the last 3 weeks of the challenge.  So 11 / 21.  Better than not at all!

4. look up and try at least 3 new recipes a week.  Hmm.  I think none, so 0/3

Overall - 8 / 21  Meh. Sort of glad my family is boring.

5. do at least 15 minutes daily straightening up the house.  6/7

Overall, I've been doing pretty good with this.   42 / 49  And in just a couple days I'll be concentrating on switching the Halloween stuff out with Fall! ~sniff~ boohoo. :*(

So....I could have done much better with my goals.  I also could have done worse.  Now that I think back and have read other people's posts, I should have chosen different goals.  I'll keep that in mind for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!