Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Transforming Tuesday 7/18/17

First of all, Happy Big Milestone Birthday to my sweetie!
Last weekend we went for pedicures on our anniversary, then tonight we went out to dinner to the Olive Garden & for ice cream afterwards.  
I think I did a pretty good job controlling myself. I got one of the lighter side menu items, only had one breadstick & 1 piece of fried mozzarella - that was a feat, let me tell you!  I love bread of all kinds, so I told myself I could have 1 piece and I was actually happy with that!  Then when we went to get ice cream, I got a small twist instead of something big & heavy. 

I went to weigh in before dinner.  I was happy with my 1 lb loss.  I made sure to track pretty decently, and I went over my goals steps 5 out of 7 days!   
From the WW app. 
 
ala Fitbit app.
I wish the days lined up, but they're close enough.  

My challenge this week was Sunday.  My uncle passed away unexpectedly and the cousins had a potluck "celebration of life" for him. (It's ok - I got the jist of his opinion of me when he unfriended me on FB for no reason that I know of.  But I went to show respect to my already-ailing aunt & cousins)  I don't know what my problem is, but the only thing I thought about was what I was going to take to said potluck instead of how I was going to navigate it wisely.  I had 3 fried chicken legs, potato salad, coleslaw, fruit & cookies. And the chicken wasn't even that good.  

Funny that this damn bunch of coupons on the table at work bothered me more than the little raspberry & chocolate tarts that had been left there.  I haven't eaten at Burger King in years!  When I got a basic grilled chicken salad and my fingers swelled up from the copious amounts of sodium in it.....never again.  But a mushroom & swiss burger??   Mmmm.  I turned the paper over. 

Gratuitous cat picture.  I'm glad I was done using my pillow for the day!

This week's challenge will be Randy's BBQ birthday party Saturday afternoon.  I'll make sure to have a lot of fruit & veggies to counteract the burgers & dogs he requested. 
Game on!
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pound. A pound a week is 52 a year! LOL about the Burger King add. I've had mushroom and swiss and it is not bad, but not worth killing my self trying to exercise it off. Make your own with mushrooms and reduced fat swiss, lettuce and no bun. Happy anniversary and birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually sounds really good! There's something about that combination of mushrooms & swiss....mmmmmmm

      Delete
  2. BUMS. Jesus, I only spelled that out five times and still auto correct wins. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!