Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Belated St. Pat's Post

We had our annual 3-generation St. Patrick's Girls Night Saturday night.  

We are such party animals!  We all piled into Linda's truck and went into Tractor Supply to get some stuff for one of Laurie's horses, then out to dinner at a steakhouse.  Then we went back to Laurie's, played a couple games, then sat up til 3am watching Dr. Pol on Nat Geo.  
Although we were aghast & amazed to watch Mom chug the last 1/3 of her green beer!
I had Angel do my makeup.  I'd never curled my lashes before or wore winged liner until that night.  I know she doesn't have any special face wash to get that stuff off, I tried with my usual stuff and I closely resembled a raccoon and/or Alice Cooper afterward.  I've never seen her look like that, so she's just magical, I guess.  
All of the dogs know who the treat-giver is!   
 I thought this was cute.  Goldilocks Webster went and checked out niece Lisa on her air mattress, covered in a fuzzy blanket.  Apparently it was too soft.  He checked out Jack's blanket on the floor.  It was too hard.  So he went over & settled on Angel's back - it was just right!   

Sunday I was up way too early because I heard Jack roaming around and I didn't want him going potty in the house (because he's occasionally an asshole like that) then I crawled back into my sleeping bag, hoping to catch some more zzz's.  But I started feeling guilty and thinking that the horses were starving because I always go out & feed for Laurie when I'm there.  So I was up at 7:30am, heading out to the barn. 

Angel had to leave for work while we were fixing breakfast, then the rest of us went into town to this really cool antique store called Past Tense.  They have a Halloween section upstairs and a Christmas section in the back, year-round.  Of course I got pulled upstairs. I didn't see anything that really grabbed me at first.... then I saw this awesome chandelier.  One of the arms is broken, but it's gorgeous wrought iron... and it was only $38!!  
 It's going to look fantastic in my cemetery with battery op candles, hanging from a tree. 
 I really like these steampunk-ish skulls. 
This King Neptune ornament is a nod to my Navy days.

Everyone started to scatter after that, but I went with Laurie to take the dogs for a walk before I left.  It was glorious to be out in just a hoodie, walking in the sunshine.   

Did you do anything fun for St. Pat's?

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png


2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a St. Paddy's day celebration, so you are one up on me. I adore those skulls! Look like something out of a Pirates of the Caribbean movie!
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a thing we started doing a few years ago - all "us girls" get together, dress up & go out to dinner. Then we sit around and play games and just be together. We have a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!