Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sheesh!

I was just looking over my pathology report from the hospital that did my surgery.  Hmm.  I can honestly say I am NOT sad about the hysterectomy at all!  I wasn't sad anyway, but actually reading what all they removed from my innerds is pretty eye-opening.

Plus I've been reading a historical romance novel (OK, I've gone thru 5 so far) and I couldn't help but wonder what a woman back then would have done in my situation - she'd had to suck it up and deal with it.  How awful - shudder!

I've gotten quite a bit of painting done for my Halloween display.  THIS my friends is why you never ask "isn't it too early for Halloween"? The answer is NO.  One must leave allowances for screwups like this!
I reinforced the backs of these cheap foam headstones with plywood and was very happy with how they looked with their new paint.  However, they didn't seem to be drying well and were still tacky, to the point where I couldn't stack them or even let them touch, since they'd stick together.  I'd forgotten to coat them in DryLok (a sealant like thin, sandy cement) first!  So I had to basically start over. 

I grabbed those other 5 out of the shed and did them, too.  
I've already started to repaint them, but didn't take pics of that. 
Where I was going with this is....this is something I've been wanting to and have been able to do while sitting.  Nothing strenuous since they're all really light. And the dog has been a great supervisor.  Too bad we have heat advisories out today, I could have gotten more done!

Wow, I went really way off the tracks there!  Moving on.  They removed my entire uterus, cervix & fallopian tubes. The cervix & tubes were apparently "unremarkable", so good. But the uterus and all her friends were the problem.

Adenomyosis (where the inner lining of the uterus grew into the outer wall);  a 5 x 2.2 x 0.8 cm endometrial polyp (the gyn found this at my last exam); multiple "markedly trabeculated myometrium" measures up to 3 cm in greatest thickness (pretty sure this means thickened areas); approximately ten intramural nodules ranging from 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.4 cm to 2 x 1.8 x 1.2 cm (the fibroids) and last, but not least, a cyst measuring 1 x 1 x 1 cm.

How much fun is that??

Anyhoo.  I have broken a few of the "rules".  I'm not exactly sure this is one of them, but I've been driving.  Saturday I drove out to my sister's house (45 minutes) to check on her cats while she was out of town, but I let Miss Angela drive us home.  Then I drove another 20 minutes to one of her friend's grad party, but let her drive home because she had to get to work.  Then I went to the store.  Sunday I had to drive back to where the grad party was, since a certain little blonde doofus had gone back there after work Saturday night and locked her keys in the car.  Sunday I wasn't feeling too well, so I think I may have overdone it.  I took it easy the rest of the day.  There have been a few quick jaunts here & there.  I took Angel grocery shopping yesterday so she could deal with the big bags of dog & bird food for me.  And it's been killing me to look out at the yard, since it's been a good month since we mowed the lawn.  We haven't gotten much rain, so its just the weeds poking up making it look raggedy.  But I will NOT do the lawn.  I'm not that stoopid!

I've cut way back on the pain meds.  The ones they gave me for 'severe' pain that I took the first couple days gave me really weird dreams, like fighting a clown marionette with a teddy bear and seeing my dog bleached white.  Odd!  The 'moderate pain' meds are better.  I took one yesterday and none so far today.

So.  It's peaceful & quiet here.  Randy's back at work and Angel went to work, then is off to the local community college to take a placement test (she finally went & enrolled!!) and then she has dance tonight.  Since I haven't been sleeping well, I think it's from either too much sleep or maybe boredom, I think I'll drag out the cross-stitch project I started a couple years ago but haven't done much on it lately.  It's a haunted house that was supposed to be done for H'ween 2013, heehee!  Maybe 2016?

#SnS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!