Friday, July 3, 2015

Well.....crap.

There goes all my grand plans to heave bricks out of the back of my car and line the flower beds with them this weekend.
Just a wee bit swollen!
And a wee bit bruised.
So you know the picture on a lawn mower that a moron can understand to NOT put your hand there??  Yeah, I did that.  Luckily the blade hit and just sliced my nail and didn't remover any fingertip.

This was not one of my brilliant, shining moments.

It's kind of a bummer that I'm not able to do much with my right hand (but I can hold a beverage!!!) since today is pleasantly mid 70s and slightly hazy so it would ideal to be doing stuff other than sitting on the patio. But I'm really not complaining!

#TFTLS

6 comments:

  1. Ouch! That looks painful, I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oddly enough - it never hurt! It's plenty ugly, tho.

      Delete
  2. I thought you dropped a brick on your finger but when I read on, I turned a little green. So thankful the picture wasn't of you without a piece of that finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, right?!?! We've come to the conclusion that it would have been a lot worse had the blade not been several summers old.

      Delete
  3. My son had a similar experience about a year ago. What's that saying about God watching over the foolish? So thankful you weren't seriously hurt. Don't you ever do that again!!!!
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling a coworker about it and she'd had a similar experience - but with a hot pan on the stove. It's just something you know better and just for some reason weren't thinking and regretted afterward!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!