Monday, November 18, 2013

Friend Makin' Monday - Holidaze!

We had such a fun weekend! I'm sure I've gained at least 25 lbs (small exaggeration - probably just 20) from not even thinking about Weight Watchers or good choices. My daughter & her competition dance team had a convention for the whole weekend. Granted most of the day (while they were dancing with various choreographers), I sat on my ass and watched, but the evening made up for it! Story Here

But I found it was easier to use the stairs in the hotel than to use the elevator. The ballrooms and most of our suites were on the end of the wing, and the elevators were in the middle of the building. The door to the stairs was right outside our door. However, I was happy to realize later that each time I ran from ballroom to suite, I did RUN up those stairs!

Anyhow, some tired kids last night!! We had to leave the hotel & go get the dog from my sister & that ended up being a 90 minute + drive, and I did see Angel going head bobs over there, but she didn't want to recline her seat! What a goof!

Onto FMM.....



If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Holidays

1. What are you plans for Thanksgiving this year? Usually I have to go crazy running Miss Angel and extra girls to Ford Field for the Detroit Lions Halftime show rehearsals, but we haven't gotten any info yet so I don't think it's actually happening this year. I have a half day of work Wednesday, and she doesn't have school, so we'll go to my sister's house like usual. We will probably stay til Saturday or until I get tired of them!

2. At what point do you being celebrating the Christmas season? Friday after Thanksgiving, I will help my sister drag her Christmas stuff out of storage and put up her tree. I will start putting my stuff out when I get home. That's when I will finally start maybe turning on that one radio station that has been playing Christmas music since before Halloween.

3. Do you celebrate Christmas, or do you celebrate another holiday? Yes!

4. If you could have one present (you know, a material good, not love or world peace) what would you want? I'd love a new car, but that won't happen. So I want an Amazon card so I can get more books for my Kindle.  And cute underwear.

5. Share an idea or two that you can plan to do for someone who may need to feel loved throughout the holiday season. Hmmm. We always send gifts & gift cards to Randy's mom who lives alone in Arkansas. That was she can go out to dinner with her sister or whoever. We spend every other year with her, but this is our "off" year. His sister is there, but she's pretty useless. And he is leaving next Saturday to drive down and spend Thanksgiving with her.

6. Would you rather spend the holiday season on the beach or in the snow? I am a Northern girl. I like the cold! I had to spend a Christmas alone in California one year while in the Navy - there were 2 different report dates listed on my orders to a new command, so I, of course, opted to check in at the earlier one and my ship was out to sea! So I had a room on base and put up a little tree and the presents I'd received from home. But it didn't feel like Christmas at all!

7. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? All of it!

8. Will you participate in Black Friday shopping? Hell.To.The.No. I don't care much for shopping to begin with and I sure won't go throw myself into a crazy shopping fray!

9. Will you travel for the holidays or stay at home? If you’re traveling, are you flying or driving or making alternate plans? Driving to my sister's - about 40 minutes.

10. List at least 5 things for which you are currently thankful.
  • my family & critters
  • my worldly possessions (roof over my head, dependable car, clothes to wear, etc)
  • my job
  • everyone's health
  • my talents & creativity
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments.  Happy Monday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. I was going to type "all of it" too for favorite Thanksgiving meal! I LOVE this holiday :)

    Hope you have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see some sanity in the blogs tonight about NOT braving the horrors of black Friday. :) Maybe there is hope for people after all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!