Wednesday, April 19, 2023

P - #AtoZChallenge



Welcome to day 16 of my "truck art" A to Z Challenge!

I have worked for a trucking company for almost 23 years and this is the first time I've made any A to Z posts about them!

The company was started in 1926 as Hare Cartage.  
When I was hired, the owner was the 3rd generation to run the company. 
His 3 sisters were department heads (billing, aka my boss / safety / HR) and there's also a 5th sibling who branched out and started his own company. 
Taken just recently.  
My desk had been located in the dispatch area since May 2000 and in February I got moved to an office with windows that actually look outside and not at the loading dock!!
Ignoring the Spawn (I took her last dance photos and we thought this particular costume would look good with trucks...?)
This trailer belongs to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.  When the orchestra plays anywhere other than their usual theater in Detroit, their equipment gets hauled in this temperature controlled trailer and gets pulled by a Point truck / driver.  I know I have a better picture of this - I just couldn't find it!

For a very long time, all of the trucks were white and the company owned them.  Since we have a management company now, we've branched out into having Owner-Operators (aka "independent contractors") and now we have a variety of colored trucks now. 
I pulled in thru the gate one morning and wondered what the blue glow was coming from the side of the building.... How cool is this???
The guy who owns this truck has been with the company so long that he's called Ricky Hare. 
For the longest time, he was our only owner-operator. 
After all this time, I'm certain he has no idea what my name is - he's always called me "Pritty".  

May 2021, Ross retired and this was his send-off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!