Thursday, August 24, 2017

Skywatch Friday 8/24/17

Woooo, another eclipse post (sort of, kinda, almost)!  Here in SE Michigan, we only had about 78% coverage of the sun, so it basically got hazy.  

When I left to go to work that morning, this is what I saw from my back porch. 
 I love the clouds like that! 
 Look!  It's the tree at the business next door to where I work!  It's been a while, tree!  
I was really entertained with the "S" in the clouds.  
So, like I said, we didn't see much of the eclipse, but we did go outside and borrow a welding mask from the guys in the shop to look.  And one of the admin ladies brought in a cereal box viewer, which fascinated me, since I was wondering how something so simple would work, but it did!!
 
I tried to get a selfie with the sun (ignore my 14 chins from this angle!) and didn't notice until a couple days later when I uploaded my pictures onto my computer that there's a reflection of the sun on my upper lip!  

The XM 80's on 8 channel made me laugh.  When I first got in the car, Total Eclipse of the Heart was playing.  Then the very next song was New Moon on Monday!
At least my Monday started off with a laugh! 

I'm linking up over at SkyWatch Fridays, where I'm sure there will be some real eclipse photos!  But even if there's not, there will be awesomeness!
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

2 comments:

  1. LOL the eclipse on your lip! Sounds like you had fun. We got 75% here and I did manage to get some shots on my camera through glasses. Way cool to witness history, no?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!