Friday, December 6, 2013

This & That

My thoughts seems to be really scattered tonight. so forgive me for not making a whole lot of sense.  

Wow, It sure takes a lot less time to decorate for Christmas than it does for Halloween!  It did take me 2 days, just because Randy wasn't hope to put the lights along the roof, so I waited to put them along the fence, too.  But the blowmolds (and flying pig & Gingy) we out as soon as we got home from sister Laurie's on Saturday after Thanksgiving. 

I totally need to go get a pic of the house 2 streets over.  If you think I go over the top in October, you should see this house now!!   On the plus side, most people around here do lights & inflatables.  No one has as many blowmolds as me.  I like them since they look good both daytime & nighttime.  They're a pain in the ass to store, tho! 







It had just stopped raining when I went out for night pictures. 
 Blowmolds don't photograph well at night.  They put off a lot of glow. 
Or maybe it's operator error. 


So we've been working on the inside.  The tree is up and mostly decorated (closely stupervised by Miss Maddie).  I need to make one last sweep thru the boxes to make sure there aren't any ornaments that I missed.  I have some that don't make the cut each year. Mainly the old delicate ones that I made in preschool & ones that Angel made when she was little, too.  They're special, but they don't come out. Maybe some day.  I need to put up the Nativity scene and also decide where to put these tabletop blowmolds that I found this year.   Then there are the personalized ornaments that I get from that one craft show booth each year.  They go on a special small tree.

Tomorrow, besides being Pearl Harbor Day, it is also the bulk of Skywarn Recognition Day!  It started at 6 pm tonight (0000 zulu or GMT) Randy went out to the National Weather Service Office earlier today to set up & hang antennas and such.  I should make an appearance tomorrow, It's neat that between 1800-1900 Zulu instead of the current weather report in Detroit, they will say "Conditions at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 were partly sunny and 75 degrees".  Very touching & thoughtful of the NWS & ARRL.

Here is a cartoon Jack!  I didn't have the option to add eyeliner, tho.  That's what he's missing.

Damn, it's cold out!  But that's all we have - nothing falling from the sky unlike most of the rest of the country!   One of my friends (and early school days) on FaceBook has been posting absolutely brilliant phrases about snow.  Jenn - can't wait to see what else you come up with when we get some real snow!

A silvery frost descends upon us!
Pearly particles of pestilence, Batman!
Milky crystalline powder of wickedness, why dost thou scourge us with thy presence?

Heehee!

I think I will go watch some Glee with the girl before bed.  It's the Christmas episode that aired earlier this week and looks pretty good, but they always are!

And for some complete & utter randomness....

A huge C-5 cargo plane was sitting near where a small plane was waiting to take off. The private pilot got a little nervous because the military plane was closer than normal, and asked the tower to find out the intentions of the C-5.
Before the tower could reply, a voice came over the radio as the C-5's nose cargo doors opened, saying, "I'm going to eat you.


LOL!

Here is a C-5 unloading a tractor / trailer.

Here is another, very impressive view. 

Which made me realize this plane looked familiar....
Me in Bahrain, 9/95
I can't remember if I flew on one like this from Fujairah - UAE to Diego Garcia or if it was a slightly smaller C-130 of cadence fame.   I just know it was huge and the jeeps in the cargo area looked small from the crew's area where I had to sit. 

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!