Wednesday, May 15, 2019

#AtoZChallenge Reflections

Whew!  I'm glad that's over with!  I needed a blogging break. 

This was my 8th A to Z Challenge and this was probably the biggest struggle I've ever had!   Every other year I've had a topic in mind months ahead of time, if not during the previous challenge.  Not this year.  Even when I went to go write my theme reveal post - I had nothing solid until I typed it out that I was going to write about *me*.   I wasn't too happy with it at first, but the only letter I skipped was X, only because I was starting to get behind & couldn't think of anything good anyway.

Disclaimer - I'm back on track!  I already have an idea for 2020 and started my little spreadsheet with ideas for each letter. 


Soooo. I'm just going to use the prompts from the A to Z Reflections post. 

1. What did you love about the challenge this year? Having my posts go live at 0000 UTC. Then I was usually towards the top of the Facebook comment thread when I posted my link. 



2. What would you change about it? Nothing that I can think of. 



3. What was the best moment for you during this year's challenge? The end!

4. What is the best comment your blog got during the challenge, and who left the comment? The lovely Retired Knitter who said she enjoyed my upbeat attitude and my spontaneous theme. 



5. Will you do the challenge again? Definitely!




6. Was it well organized and were the hosts helpful? (Did you fill out the after survey?) Yes, I did complete the after-survey. I didn't interact with any hosts this year, but they've always been helpful in the past. 

7. How did you and your blog grow, change, or improve as a result of this challenge? Did you find new blogs out there to enjoy? Yes, I found several new ones. And I'm slacking that I haven't yet checked my stats. 


8. Were you on the Master List? (If you did the challenge last year, was it better this time without the daily lists?) I like having the master list so much better than daily lists! I never did figure those out until too late. Where once the master list was closed, I saved it onto my computer and am still visiting new blogs. 



9. Any suggestions for our future? Keep up the good work!



10. Any notes to the co-host team? A word of thanks to Jeremy for all his hard work on the graphics? A picture with your A to Z shirt, if you ordered one? Thank you Jeremy and hosts for all you do! I love the badges this year, too. 

One last thing - I can't believe I forgot this for my Z post....!

Last summer we were in Chicago for my great-nephew's baby shower. One of the "games" had us all get a page with a letter on it and draw a picture corresponding to that letter. Then they were made into a book. 

When my nephew was a baby, he couldn't say "Aunt Lisa" so he called me Zaza.  
Z was the perfect letter for me on multiple levels! 

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

1 comment:

  1. Nice reflection. Good for you for getting your theme going already. I'm still working on it.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!