Monday, December 3, 2018

Holiday Edition of TBB asks....

Woohoo, I finally caught this linkup at The Blended Blog on the actual day it came out!  The last couple months I've totally missed it by a week or more.  Then it just would have been awkward, so I didn't join in. 
1.  Candy Canes - yes or no?  Meh.  I never buy the regular flavors, so I usually have Chocolate Mint ones or something hanging on my tree.  I might have one or two over the season, but don't go crazy with them. 

2.  Christmas morning - early riser or sleep in?  I'm usually up early anyway.  We'll be at the MIL's house this year and she's up insanely early (like 4am!) but I'm not gonna be up *that* early!

3.  Did you shop on Black Friday?  I guess I have to say yes, since I had to stop at Target on my way home from work and get some dog food.  I was scared to go in there, but it wasn't too bad.  I walked right up to a register. 

4.  Christmas tree up in November?  HA!  Nope.  I actually brought the box in from the garage yesterday, so at last it's IN the house!  We just got a new tree last year & it's pretty disappointing compared to our old tree that fell victim to age & cat.  The Girl & I would always take a whole evening to put the old tree together and doing the lights & garland with Christmas movies on the TV.  This one takes about 2 minutes to put together.  And it's a lot smaller than the old one so not as many ornaments fit on it, either.   Which is why last year we had a black Santa hat as the topper that said Bah Humbug on it.  That started out as a joke, but it stayed. 

5.  Do you get holiday ideas from Pinterest.  No

6.  Holiday Glam or Ugly Sweater?  For my work party, it's bordering on Glam - or at least as close as I get to to Glam anyway.  And we've been asking about the dress code for the SARs team party and still haven't gotten an answer, so I'm leaning toward ugly sweater for that one, just because.   I threatened to go in sweat pants & fuzzy slippers and nobody said no....

7.  Stocking Stuffers - wrapped or unwrapped?  I had to think about this one.  I guess both.  When I plan ahead, they're wrapped, but last minute things are just tossed in. 

8.  Traditional or Modern Christmas songs?  Modern, I guess they'd be considered.  One of my favorites is Montgomery Gentry's version of Merry Christmas from the Family and Sugarland's Nuttin' for Christmas.  I also LOVE the entire Twisted Christmas album from Twisted Sister.  Imagine heavy metal O Come All Ye Faithful - it's actually awesome!

9.  Fruitcake - yes or no?  Actually, I've never tried it, so I don't really know.  But it looks pretty disgusting so probably no. 

10.  Is my Christmas shopping finished?  HA!  No.  I've barely started.  I've gotten a few things for the Secret Santa I'm in and also for the mug exchange.  As for the family?  I have ideas, but very little purchased yet.  

11.  Is there snow in December where I live?  Yes.  I'm in SE Michigan.  I've gotten gotten a dusting twice so far - but nothing that's sticking around yet. 

12.   Classic show - Charlie Brown or Rudolph?  Rudolph!  And we watch it on DVD so we don't have to deal with annoying commercials. 


 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!