Thursday, October 18, 2018

Timmy T'ursday, episode 3

Welcome to Timmy T'ursday!  
Grab yourself a cup of coffee & a donut or two and have a seat!

Do I need to add a disclaimer that I am not promoting or 
affiliated with Tim Horton's at all?  
I just like their coffee.  And happen to have a picture of their Halloween donuts, too!

Anyhooo. 
We had a giggle over this - The hubby & the Spawn both go crazy over Chil-Fil-A so I tagged them in this on FB. 
OMG - I thought someone else's tree in the neighborhood was throwing pretty leaves in our yard - come to find out, they're from our backyard tree!  We've lived in this house for almost 16 years and it's just decided NOW to give us pretty leaves???

Last weekend was about the most *perfect* fall weekend ever!  Sister Laurie & I did a trail ride fundraiser for a local rail trail.  It was really nice.  They had bagels & donuts before we left, then hotdogs & chili waiting for us when we got back.  We could ride as long / far as we wanted.  There was a really nice turnout, too.  There were easily 12 horsetrailers there when we arrived shortly after 9.  All had at least 2 horses.  The chairman who is Laurie's neighbor said a lot more came in a bit later, once it warmed up some.   It was pretty chilly when we were loading up the trailer that morning, and it took half the ride before my toes warmed up but I never zipped up my heavy coat & my gloves stayed in my pockets.   
Jack checking out the horse trailer. 
Having a little hay snack because we wouldn't share our bagels with them!
This was as close to Heaven as one could get!
We crossed over into Oakland County & they have art along the trail??!
How far until Leonard?
Most of the trail we rode on was dirt / gravel.  We got into the tiny little town of Leonard & it was paved with a riding trail alongside!
We figured we easily rode 9 miles - out & back.  And when we stopped at this "rest area" in Leonard (it had a bathroom, picnic tables, a library!!!, a small pen for the horses, hitching posts, water buckets & a mounting block), a van pulled in and this lady ran over, asking if she could take our picture with the horses.  She apparently was on some committee to get the Polly Ann Trail listed as a "Pure Michigan" trail and she wanted to show that all sorts of people use the trail.  So we might be in a Pure Michigan ad!  I can only imagine how I look, since Kisses stood there rubbing her head on my shoulder, knocking me over, then shoving her nose into the side of my face, etc.

Sunday was another glorious day.  Sunny, yet cool.  Randy & I were going to the store and saw this sign on the side of the road.  Of course we had to stop!    
This lady had a real hearse for sale!  And all sorts of props & costumes & decorations. 
All that I got was 3 strands of lights for $5.  I'd never seen fall colored lights, before!

Sunday night we did the final installment of Miss Angela's birthday celebration.  
We did a pedal bar!
Related image
(pic stolen from their site)

OMG - if you ever have a chance to do one of these - DO IT!  It was so much fun! We went out for 2 hours and that included stopping at 2 bars along the way.  We could take booze with us, as long as it wasn't in glass containers and we brought our own music.  We had a total of 12 of us with 10 pedaling.  Mom & Randy rode in the bench in back.  Thankfully there is a motor that the driver used on the hills!
Chuck went along for the ride. 
The shady characters in the back are pouring a beverage from a glass container into a travel mug (as recommended per their website!)
Randy & Angel sharing a shot of Jameson's
She happily wore her crown & sash thru the whole ride.
The Halloween display is slowly coming along.  I got most of the skeletons out there now and still need to do some tweaking as to placement and add details like clothing & such.  Tonight I saw I'm losing a spotlight - right after I just bought 2 more, too!  That's OK - they're readily available since I got them from the Christmas section of WalMart!

This weekend is going to be fun - I took the day off work and am going to Dayton with the sisters & Mom to visit the brother.   It probably would have been easier for him to come here instead of all of us coordinate to go there, but it's OK.  We're looking at hopefully going to Fairborn, aka Ohio's Halloween Wonderland and also to the Lewisburg Haunted Cave.  We've gone thru the caves before & it was a hoot, so can't wait to go again!

So come on back & visit again sometime.  
I'm sure I'll have stories of this weekend's shenanigans!

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

4 comments:

  1. I've heard of the haunted caves, but never been. Hope you have fun! I have those bar pedal carts where I live too - they do seem fun, though I don't drink. hah

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing about these pedal tours is that booze is optional. They use them for architecture tours of the city & everything. If we had anyone under 21, we wouldn't have been able to have booze with us & we wouldn't have been stopping at the bars, either.

      Delete
  2. OMG a haunted cave?! So neat! I'm going to google that. I am obsessed with all things spooky this time of year, and once I'm fully recovered from this surgery, I'm planning a getaway with a bestie.

    Also I have never tried Tim Horton's before, but always hear great things! I wish there was one close to me, but it's Dunkin and Starbucks land here in NJ :)

    Awww, the horse photos are beautiful. And that tree! The foliage this time of year is just magical, isn't it? Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if they do the haunted part year round, but they have wagon rides down into the mine to tell about the mining operations from back in the day. It was be a lot easier to do in the wagon since the shaft we walked down in was steeeeep!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!