Monday, July 9, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - Summertime

Happy Monday!  This was an awesome weekend!  Yesterday was mine & hubby's 6th anniversary so he got us tickets to see Lita Ford / Poison / Def Leppard SQUEEEEEE!!! (sorry, I've loved them since high school!!!)  Saturday night.  The show was phenomenal & the people watching was excellent.
~swoon~

And since this was the Rock of Ages tour, we went Sunday to see the movie Rock of Ages, too!  LOL!

And I'm happy to say that my eating was not terribly crazy.  And I'm sure I wore off some calories with all the dancing I did - and it was an outdoor venue so more got sweated off!
   
Now, back to the grind.....I'm so glad all the bosses are still out of town until Thursday.

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules.  The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Summertime


1. What is your favorite thing about Summer?  That things seem to be more laid back and relaxed in the summer and the girl spends more time doing fun stuff with her aunts - because apparently Mom & Dad are boring poo-heads. 

2. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Swimming. 

3. If you had to choose, would you prefer to be too hot or too cold? I can handle the cold better, so cold.  The hubby took the daughter & I to Arkansas one July & we almost melted in that heat.  We looked like soggy messes and the MIL looked so cool in her crisp white cotton top and lavender cotton skirt.  I never saw a wrinkle on that woman - I don't get it!!

4. Does your appetite increase or decrease during warmer months? Decrease.  When I'm hot I don't want to eat.

5. What is your favorite seasonal Summer fruit? Melon in general.  Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, doesn't matter!

6. Would you prefer to spend a hot summer day at the mall or at a swimming pool?  Can I choose a lake instead?

7. Are you more likely to tan or sunburn? As I sit here with a peeling forehead & nose from the 4th...I burn first then eventually tan.  But it fades quickly because I sit in an office all day!

8. How does your routine change when Summer begins? It doesn't change much.  I have to go in to work later because I need to drop the kid off at summer school and then leave to get her after lunch (which means staying later to make up that time) but other than that - the same.  I got a couple weeks off from doing the dance studio shuttle, but that's back this week.

9. What is the temperature outside where you are today? supposed to be in the lower 80s today and lower humidity than it has been - YAY!!!

10. What is your favorite Summer holiday? I like the 4th of July with the parade & fireworks.  My favorite non-holidays would include my birthday that I share with my sister (she's 13 years older!) and my anniversary.

Now it’s your turn. Don’t forget to post the answers on your own blog, then come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!