1. What was the last thing you celebrated?
Kind of half-heartedly - mine & the Spouse's 20th anniversary. We were on vacation, away from home and just us together- so that's a celebration in my eyes! We didn't even exchange gifts.
2 July 29th is International Day of the Tiger. Besides the wild animal itself, when you hear the word tiger what's the first person-place-thing-whatever that comes to mind?
I was just telling my manager about the grandson going to baseball camp next month that's put on by the Detroit Tigers. It's a M-F from 9am-3pm and it comes with a real Tiger's uniform and 4 tickets to a game!
Kind of half-heartedly - mine & the Spouse's 20th anniversary. We were on vacation, away from home and just us together- so that's a celebration in my eyes! We didn't even exchange gifts.
2 July 29th is International Day of the Tiger. Besides the wild animal itself, when you hear the word tiger what's the first person-place-thing-whatever that comes to mind?
I was just telling my manager about the grandson going to baseball camp next month that's put on by the Detroit Tigers. It's a M-F from 9am-3pm and it comes with a real Tiger's uniform and 4 tickets to a game!
Love this action shot from last night.
The Spawn is going to start looking into getting him into actual Little League instead of just the local recreation league. Right now, he's in the 5-7 age group which is a huge range when it comes to the kids' abilities and sizes!
I took this because it was hilarious - the mass of bodies were in his way, so he was bouncing left & right trying to figure out which way to go. But look how big he is compared to 5/6 of the kids in green shirts!
No idea where the ball is in this mob, either. They were all going after it!
3. The expression 'eye of the tiger' describes someone with intense focus, determination, and the drive to succeed. What area of your life are you currently bringing that kind of energy to?
Respectfully skipping this one - I'm not feeling warm & fuzzy / successful with life right now.
4. What was the last meal you cooked?
We've been eating out way too much lately. But when I do cook, I have to take into consideration what the Picky Asses will eat. So, we tend to go simple & easy when it's hot out. The Spouse grilled boneless country ribs & I did corn on the cob & opened up a can of baked beans. That & some Hawaiian rolls and it was good!
Respectfully skipping this one - I'm not feeling warm & fuzzy / successful with life right now.
4. What was the last meal you cooked?
We've been eating out way too much lately. But when I do cook, I have to take into consideration what the Picky Asses will eat. So, we tend to go simple & easy when it's hot out. The Spouse grilled boneless country ribs & I did corn on the cob & opened up a can of baked beans. That & some Hawaiian rolls and it was good!
Another story about the grandson - he's lost his first 2 teeth (on the bottom) so we had lots of jokes about him & the corn!
5. Describe your July using exactly five words.
5. Describe your July using exactly five words.
vacation / surprise / melty / dismay / Summerween
6. Insert your own random thought here.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
So, I guess I can share the news we have here at the Shaque - grandbaby #3 is currently in the oven! This is the medical drama that we had last week - she had been bleeding and had to go to the ER. But everything is OK now.
Quick description of the Spawn - she's 100 lbs in soaking wet winter clothes. She's just over 12 weeks and isn't showing in the slightest. Insane, I know. She was in labor for about 6 hours with the grandson, approximately 3 hours for the granddaughter and both of them were over 8 lbs, closer to 9. This kid will probably just fall out.
Anyhooo. That's what's up. She's not working. Her & the kids are taking up over half of our very small, 2-bedroom house. Said house is a mess. The Spouse and I have no privacy, and he works from home. I just don't know what we're going to do. Rent on a 2-bedroom apartment around this area averages $1500 +/- and even when she was working, I don't think that would have been possible. Don't get me started on what daycare costs. I only met the Donor once - he knows but I'm not sure what he's going to do to help. I've looked up info from the state for assistance and sent her the link, hopefully she's applied. If she has, she'll have to go talk to a caseworker, so I told her I'd go with (the best way to make sure she does something is to hold her hand).
Don't get me wrong - I'm sure we will love this baby as much as we do the other ones. But right now - when I think about the situation too much, my stomach hurts and I feel like I need to throw up.


Oh goodness. That is a really difficult situation. I think she should absolutely apply for all the assistance she is eligible for. I will be praying there is some sort of solution to the housing dilemma. She is fortunate to have you on her side providing a home and meals and I'm sure other helps as well. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that y'all are having a tough time right now. There are a lot of people in your house - you sound much calmer than I would be! We used to have a cat that looked very similar to your Daisy Mae!
ReplyDelete