Oh wow - I totally lost track of what day of the week it is! It's just been crazy.
Monday, I went to my new WW workshop - I live north of my work and the workshop is south of my work - and it's 2 hours after day workday ends.....so I don't want to hang out there for that long if I don't have anything pressing that needs to be done. Anyway, I get home and was sitting in the driveway with the Spouse while he grilled some ribs. Here comes the Spawn running from the backyard, screaming & crying, and throws the granddaughter onto my lap, who is also screaming & crying, with blood dripping off her foot! The grandson got into my gardening tools and left the manual trimmers out in the lawn and GD stepped on the blade and gashed the underside of her second toe. It stopped bleeding fairly quickly and once she got all bandaged up, she was back out playing. This is on top of the lovely black eye she's currently sporting from some incident over the weekend. That poor kid - it's a good thing she's tough and heals as quick as her mom (who had a million dance injuries in her younger days).
Tuesday there was some medical drama that will probably be posted about soon. Anyhoo. Tuesdays are also baseball nights for the grandson now. And since the oppressive heat & humidity has given us a break for a while, me & the Spouse went to watch him play. It's amazing how much he's grown - a lot less playing in the dirt and more watching the ball in play.
Wednesday, I had to meet up with the new Auxiliary President at my VFW post. I'm the chair for the VFW scholarship programs at the post and she wanted to know more about it. Then I was there for the regular meeting (since I missed the last one due to it being mine & the Spouse's anniversary and being on vacation). When I got home and finally had some dinner, I remembered it was my Mom's 92nd birthday and I hadn't called to sing HBD to her! It wasn't terribly late, but the grandkids were already in bed so I'll call her tonight so they can sing, too.
I really hope this evening is less eventful!
We missed our anniversary pedicures, so we went on the Spouse's birthday on the 18th instead!
Moving on - linking up again with Joyce and a bunch of folks over that From This Side of the Pond!

1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you? Elaborate.
Meh, right now it seems both. I have things I'd like to do, both dreams & goals, but having all the extra people in my house add a huge degree of difficulty. At least the Spawn is collecting unemployment, but hopefully she'll get a new job soon. Kinda hard to get an apartment when you don't have real income! And finding out how to get assistance from the state is....waaaa too hard... <insert eye roll here> so I am going to hold her hand and find out for her, but I haven't had time!
2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons?
Love it. I love the taste and the smell is just so clean and refreshing. One of my favorite dishes that I've mentioned it in a HodgePodge before is the lemon ricotta pancakes from a restaurant called First Watch. OMG, so good!
3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it.
I'm trying. Sometimes I feel like I'm wearing too many hats and when I get home from work - I just want to fall on the bed and not move. So am I good at managing anything? No.
4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color?
When the Spouse & I bought our house, I told him I've always wanted a yellow kitchen. So when we moved in, one of the first things we did was paint the kitchen yellow.
Meh, right now it seems both. I have things I'd like to do, both dreams & goals, but having all the extra people in my house add a huge degree of difficulty. At least the Spawn is collecting unemployment, but hopefully she'll get a new job soon. Kinda hard to get an apartment when you don't have real income! And finding out how to get assistance from the state is....waaaa too hard... <insert eye roll here> so I am going to hold her hand and find out for her, but I haven't had time!
2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons?
Love it. I love the taste and the smell is just so clean and refreshing. One of my favorite dishes that I've mentioned it in a HodgePodge before is the lemon ricotta pancakes from a restaurant called First Watch. OMG, so good!
3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it.
I'm trying. Sometimes I feel like I'm wearing too many hats and when I get home from work - I just want to fall on the bed and not move. So am I good at managing anything? No.
4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color?
When the Spouse & I bought our house, I told him I've always wanted a yellow kitchen. So when we moved in, one of the first things we did was paint the kitchen yellow.
Funny story - another favorite thing is the Sunshine & Lemon scent from Bath & Body Works. (that and the Vampire Blood scent - I need to stock up since it's back in the stores now) I have hand sanitizer on my desk at work and on my purse. At home I have the foaming soap. My sisters also like it. We were all out at Sis1's house one day and she had ~gasp~ refilled a BBW bottle with non-BBW lemon soap! It was obvious. So Sis2 called her out on it - asking where is the f*cking lemon soap? So it's a running joke between the 3 of us, calling it f*cking lemon.
5. How would you describe your attention to detail?
Like Joyce said, excellent with the written word. And being part of a search & rescue team, we do a lot of training regarding attention to detail. In 2 of the main certifications I had to earn, we had to go out into the woods for an "area search" meaning we had to completely search a sector ~for playing cards~ so many meters wide by 100 meters deep while maintaining a certain heading (picture a parallelogram)! We had to write down which cards we saw and had to get a certain percentage of the cards in order to pass the activity. Oh and there was a time limit. And the parallelogram wasn't roped off or anything - we had to keep track of where our sector was, so we didn't cross into anyone else's.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
No real thoughts - but here are some pictures from baseball Tuesday!
So the kid catches & throws left-handed but bats right....
He's at the age now where they don't use tees for batting unless needed - the coach is actually pitching to them.
I love little kid baseball when ALL the outfielders go after the ball!
They had him playing first base.
I'd love to hear some of the conversations that happen out on the field!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a note - they make me feel loved!