Monday, September 23, 2024

It's Autumn!

So the Spouse & I had a lovely few days away from home. 
So it was raining while I was posting last, so the next couple days were chilly, damp & windy.  But that's OK!  We explored random places around the Petoskey / Charlevoix area and spent much needed time together alone. 
The Tunnel of Trees / M119 isn't very impressive when the trees haven't changed colors yet.  
It's a narrow, twisty turny 2 lane highway along the coastline that clearly has a lot of trees.  The scenery was still nice, tho. 

The Spouse humors me and always plans some cemetery explorations when we travel. 
My Halloween display is called the Maple Grove Cemetery and there happens to be 32 real Maple Grove cemeteries in Michigan, so we're eventually going to visit all of them.  We hit #21 & #22 on this trip! 
We also stopped a couple other little cemeteries - this one belonged to the Odawa Indians.
I love visiting cemeteries like this - it was one of the creepier ones that we've been to, tho. 
The main part was actually clear and mowed, but some of the white crosses were out here in the woods. 
We got home Saturday night on the 7th.  
Rare family photo taken at the VFW family picnic. 
We just swore in to the VFW this gentleman who is 99 years old and was at Normandy on D-Day.  
Such an honor to meet him! 

It's officially Spooky Season! 
I put this guy & the sign out first, then I've been gradually adding more here & there. 
Actual set up will happen this weekend (if I can hold out that long!)
I got my Disco Ball Skeleton!  So excited!

Yesterday was Exhumation Day, when we dug the big skeletons out of the garage. 
They hang from the rafters in the back corner and we have to move 1000 boxes & totes to get to them. 
Now my patio is crowded! 

I also have a box of smaller critter skeletons.  The agenda for this week is...
 
1. Take the grandkids to the apple orchard with their daycare on Wednesday.  The Spawn has to work at said daycare so I get to go with them!
2. Get the smaller critter skeletons & fence out of the shed. 
3. Get the blowmolds out of the add-on behind the garage and get them cleaned up and their lights tested. 
4. Have the Spouse help me drag the shack out to the front yard.  He designed it to be easy to store but the darn thing weighs a ton and soon we're going to have to figure out an easier way to transport it other than by hand! 


Anyhooo, that's all the excitement around here. 
I signed up to do the Countdown to Halloween over on my other blog so I'll be concentrating more on that for the foreseeable future.  38 days until Halloween and I already feel behind!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!