Thursday, September 5, 2024

I'm on vacation!

I'm currently hanging out in a hotel room in Petoskey, MI!

The Spouse and I have this whole week off but didn't really have any plans.  So we left home yesterday (Wednesday) and will be hanging out here until Saturday.  Just to have some time together and to get away from home. We love the grandkids, but they are a double handful!  
We went and checked out some state parks today, just sat there on the shores of Lake Michigan and listened to the waves for a while and then went to visit one of his buddy's parents and had dinner with them. 
We didn't realize you can see the Mackinac Bridge from Wilderness State Park.

It supposed to be a lot cooler tomorrow, so we'll figure out what we want to do then!

August 11 was Michigan Day at the VFW's National Home in Eaton Rapids, MI. 9 or so of us from my post carpooled out there and got to have lunch and take tours of the facility.   It basically started out 99 years ago as a place for war widows & orphans could stay until they got back on their feet.  
Up until the 1990s, once kids turned 14, they would become part of the fire department!  They even bought their first fire truck using Betty Crocker Box Tops!
Challenge coins
Commander was actually posing here, not actually using the potty.
We all thought it was funny, the president of our auxiliary didn't think so.  Pppth!
In the winter, this is the Cootie plow.

So I mentioned in my last post about the Spouse having a box truck back onto the hood of his car.  
It only took the police dept a month to get his accident report online so he could see it.  Once he got that and dealt with insurance, he was able to car shop!
We drove it up here to Petoskey and it's very nice.

My birthday was the 29th - check out the pretty flowers I was sent at work!
Love those multi-colors!
I got these from my boss at work.  
That red velvet cake was amazing!
Walter my Work Skeleton enjoyed the first nutty pumpkin iced coffee of the season.

Speaking of....
Once we get home, I'll have to start thinking about digging all the skeletons out of the garage and various other things from their hidey-holes.  

The current project is repainting headstones.  The Spawn took it upon herself to repaint the epitaphs. 
I have one more headstone that I need to make and I'm also going to paint the cemetery sign.

I finally got my unicorn!!  
Last year I named my mini pony from Tractor Supply ThumbTac (because my full sized horse is ZipTie and the pony is DucTape)  I think ThumbTac is more appropriate here. 

Of course, there's been plenty of sickness from the kids being at daycare. 
I hurt my knee 2 weeks ago and spent most of Saturday with it elevated and LittleMan wasn't feeling well.  He came to snuggle with me and watch videos on my phone... until he crashed. 
I love how Rusty is squeezed in between us.  

So on Labor Day, we went to the Detroit Zoo.  
It was a gorgeous day, low 70s.
Obligatory photo in front of the fountain. 
This tiger was napping like a typical cat right in front of the glass!

Tuesday morning we met my Mom & brother for breakfast, (at a place called Biscuits & Gravy! so we had to try some)  then we made sure to hit the grocery store to make sure there were enough fruit snacks to last the little fruit snack monsters for the few days we'll be gone. 
We found Jesus while at Meijers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!